@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m signing out. Farewell cruel world of writing that only allows 3 sentences to appear…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
Here are a few prompts I’ve just come up with, and a few that I found in an old file. 🙂
If the ship had crashed, all would have been lost. If the ship had crashed, all her plans would have crashed with it. If the ship had crashed, she would have drowned and she would have never seen Marloth again.
Oh, how she wished the ship had crashed!“I d…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, all but the youngest. My older three sisters have been writing for forever, in fact @charisetter recently published her book. and then the sister right after me is starting on her writing path.
Farewell, I hope so too.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia ALL your siblings write? I don’t know if that’s cool or scary. 😀
I think I’m going to disappear now…
Goodbye, and hope you find your solution!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, thanks, I’ll try that. I’m sure since they all write there must be something I can use…right @charisetter?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, I’m sorry. 🙁 Do you have any siblings? Why don’t you tell them what your MC has to do, and ask them how they would go about it? Of course, what they say probably won’t work, but it might give you an idea.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I tried that with my dystopian novel and ended up even more confused…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, and I kind of feel like adding that signature someone (I don’t remember who) has which says something like “Feel free to disregard any and all writing advice. It’s mostly just my opinion anyway.” 😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Usually when I get to a part in my story like that I skip ahead to the part where I know what’s going to happen, just putting a couple of bold lines of text where I skipped, such as
“(Now Jack falls down the cliff)”
And then write about how they try to rescue him. Usually by the time I write a little farther ahead I get an idea of what…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, ooh, that sounds good
do you have any advice on how to get a story flowing? my MC is about to go join this rebellion, but I can’t seem to figure out how he should get there.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, that makes sense. 🙂
My story is about a girl singer in the 50s who believes that because of the bad reputation attached to those of her occupation no one will ever want to associate with her or care about her.
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@lady-iliara BRAVA! 😀
Wait… I’m the only one you tagged who isn’t Aethasian… 0.0 (Not that there’s anything wrong with that 😉 )
Now, tag someone else and give them a topic 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, usually the first thing people think of when they hear fantasy is mythical creatures. But this has only humans. so to try and clear up that thought ahead of time I have dubbed it the kinda sorta fantasy novel.
whats your short story about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@emerald-flyer I completely forgot to answer you! 😮 Yes. That would actually be a very interesting (and freaky) way to learn new languages.
Why don’t you check out Adora’s freewrite of that prompt? It’s really cool, and kind of mentions the same type of idea as you had. 🙂 (The link’s in one of the above posts.)
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic Writing Prompts in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart HOLD UP hold up! Wasn’t I the cook for the Aethasian Community (or whatever wacky name we ended up calling it)? I thought we agreed I could make quesadillas for everyone. 😛😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia A “kinda sorta fantasy” book? Hmm. 😀
I’m popping back and forth between trying to design a website and trying to write a short story. (Both of which have been partly finished for way too long. 🙂 )
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I’m trying to finish up chapter 3, and hopefully 4, of my kinda sorta fantasy book.
what are you working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Yes I am! 😀
Hello! What are you working on?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, I’m here for a bit…and you’re gone
@rochellaine, you still here?
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariella-newheart You sneaky-sneak…😛
*rubs hands* Rhyming nonsense poems are my specialty, so BEWAREEE MWAHAHA!!!
The Steampunk Cat
You want to me write a poem, you do?
Well beware of the One-Man Writerly Zoo!
You honestly think that you gave me a challenge?
I’m an expert at this, nay I don’t even cringe!
So before I write this epic adv…[Read more] - Load More
