@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Joy replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Well done!! I love the parable you used! 😀
The one thing I would change is instead of “When fearsome flames it threw at me,” I would say, “When it threw fearsome flames at me.” Unless you want it to be elegant, in which case feel free to ignore that suggestion 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper I’mÂ
procrastinatingwriting! only for a little bit though. anyone wanna join me? -
Rochellaine replied to the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira @sam-kowal Haha! Guess I can’t escape from my comical side in poem writing. 😀 Part of the reason might be it was originally intended to be a comical explanation of why I believe in real dragons, but then I turned the dragons into figurative beasts and so thought I changed it to serious.
Thanks! Glad you liked it!
But does no o…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Tagging in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ethryndal Oh my. But now I’m wondering…was it Freda who was in a dream all along? And it’s really Bessy that has to rescue her? Was she dreaming a “dream within a dream?”
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
would your character rather travel in time, but only to the future, never backwards, or be able to go back in time but only to one spot in time.
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Between periods of unconsciousness, I hear mumbling voices above me, including my brother’s voice. I feel warmth from the bathing water and from the fire, which I hear crackling to my left.
I must be back at Fren’s hideout. I think dimly. How did I get here? I open my eyes to see my brother’s snarling face.
“You made it, course you did. You alw…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong, since I’m only three chapters into his book, i think its safe to say that what I’m about to tell you is 80% going to change later.
Jycin is a weaver in his village until he is chosen to become a priest, the most hated and feared group in the land. he is given three days to say goodbye to his two year old daughter and get…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Rochellaine started the topic I Believe in Dragons in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m not very satisfied with my attempt at a serious poem. As many of you know, I write mostly comic poems, and I find them much easier than serious poetry. I have no idea why I wrote this, but since I did, I’d like to be happy with it, so if you are reading this and if you feel like it, go ahead and critique. Thanks! 🙂
I Believe in Dr…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Goodnight nobody; Goodnight mouse.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel @jenwriter17 I’m writing for a little while now; how about you?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder and I would have rejoiced with the city! Haman doesn’t seem to be, shall we say, a nice guy
🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
…Between periods of unconsciousness, I hear mumbling voices above me, including my brother’s voice. I feel warmth from the bathing water and from the fire, which I hear crackling to my left.
I must be back at Fren’s hideout. I think dimly. How did I get here? I open my eyes to see my brother’s snarling face.
“You made it, course you did. Yo…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel my character would probably pick the chocolate (and me too actually…)
@catwing my character would rather fly I think, hard to say though…
@kaya-young my character would probably choose the mansion in the city, just cuz she’s lived there all her life and she likes it. but she probably wouldn’t be in it very much, prob cruising the…[Read more]
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I like Jycin just from your descriptions. Can you tell me a bit about him, or are there spoilers?
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Every time you people hijack a thread, I freak out because on the Aetherlght forums, off-topic posts are either moved to Random Anything or deleted. Spamming is a federal offense.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic A Girl Writing from a Guy's POV in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Thank you. I knew a bit of that, but I wasn’t sure. As some of you people know, I didn’t do the best job on Nikko….so I was a bit wary.
@jenwriter17 Thank you!
-
Catwing replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia It took a few pages for one of mine threads to hijacked. But I got a GIF war so it’s all good. 😀
You are welcome. Felines have been trying to tell people for years, but they just scolded us. Though sometimes they would pamper us. But we have not forgotten our mission!
Prove that one of ancestors (who’s name is long lost) discovered…[Read more] -
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing, I almost thought this topic was flawed or something since it took so long to be hijacked….
and thank you for educating us on chair and gravity history. to think that the humans have had it wrong for so long. good thing us centaurs try to find the truth
-
Alia replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young, Well, Delmira would prefer the cabin in the woods. not sure about the other two…
Mira would want to control the elements
Delmira would want to shape shift to better complete missions
Jycin would want to shape shift to escape
- Load More
