@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Okay, see you tonight! Bobert seems to have just developed an extraordinary hatred for that thing called “work”, but he’ll probably get over it when you come back tonight. What time zone are you in, and what time do you think you’ll be around?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, my dad is a pastor too, so when my granddad comes to visit he usually preaches, and I think scares the congregation a little bit. He likes yodeling and walking up and down the aisles, and not many people here expect that from a pastor. its funny to watch.
Tell Bobert I would love to come over, but I have this mean thing called work…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
someone tag meeeeeeeeee…please?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia I love Southern preachers! They’re usually much more enthusiastic than our straight-laced Northern ones. 😀 We just started going to a Baptist church since our old church is no longer accessible to my grandmother, who is now in a wheelchair. While this church is not nearly as enthusiastic as some of the ones we’ve been to in down in Ge…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine and
Alia are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, oh he is. A southern preacher and cowboy veteran, I’d have to say he is one of the most interesting people I know
that used to happen to me on our old kid’s computer…never fun.
I stalk this topic, so I unofficially met Bobert.
-
Alia replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, its pretty heart wrenching. But thankfully God has been able to heal the wounds. While I still grieve the loss, I can be at peace with it too.
So do I. But I also feel called to the mission field. So I hope that wherever God takes me will involve helping kids have better lives.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Hahaha! He sounds like a pretty interesting character. 😀
Yes, my computer has been acting up lately, and it randomly shuts down for no apparent reason, so when I forget to save things all my work goes kapoof!
Oh hey! Bobert’s back. 🙂 Did you hear about him? I imagined him up last night while discussing that passage of my book here af…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, thats fantastic
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Oh, I’m so sorry! That sounds horrible. But at least you got your sister. How old is your oldest sibling?
Same here! Actually, my favored career is the standard, cliched homemaking. 😀 I want to get married and have a whole bunch of little kids to mother.
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Already we can see the flicker of torches far below. The enemy is searching for the stone. My heart sinks like the sun that is getting lower and lower in the sky. But my parents risked everything for the stone. So would I.
I turn to Akira. “Where is the safest place down?”
“You are not going down there. You are hurt, and your parents would never…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Thanks so much! We’re pretty sure this won’t fall through, because if this exception doesn’t work our delegate said he would write a new law for us…(wasn’t that nice of him? 😀 ) but that would take probably six months at least, and since we’ve already told the kids we’re adopting them and had some phone calls with them we’d rather they…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, you lost them as in they disappeared? I hate it when that happens. Hurry and finish it so that I can read your books. Else I’ll start bribing @catwing for real.
Thats a really cool military background. My granddad fought in Vietnam. He was a sergeant that kept getting promoted then demoted because he was a bit reckless and hard to…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Several of my great uncles fought in the Vietnam and Korean wars. They have a lot of interesting stories! Two of them were helicopter pilots, one was captain of an air craft carrier, one of them planned the Gulf War – like, actually planned the whole thing. He was a pretty important guy. One of them (it might be the same one,) tested the…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, both of ours were international. One from Ethiopia 6 years ago, and the other from China 2 years ago.
We almost got a brother, but that adoption fell through after an almost 3 year process. It actually fell through on the same day we found out about our Ethiopian sister. So bitter sweet day.
I adore kids. I can’t get enough of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Mostly domestic, but one international, so we know about both sides of the process. They’re pretty different! 😀 What about yours?
Oh, so did we for a long time! My youngest brother is sixteen, so we haven’t had little boys in the family for a long time, though we do have three young sisters. We were so excited when we found out the kid…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, speech stuff. I have to write a 5 paragraph essay on my topic. which is the Vietnam War
what are you working on?
-
Alia replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I will definitely be praying. having gone through a failed adoption myself I know how y’all are feeling. I hope it doesn’t fall through.
what state do you live in? it doesn’t make sense that there are restrictions on how many kids you can adopt.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Hi! I’m still here.
What are you working on?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, you still here?
- Load More
