@daughteroftheking
Active 6 years, 4 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1156
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Oh, sorry, I never saw your posts! I guess they did disappear….
You mean where would we post the links?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine ooh, yay! here’s some prompts
Bananas in pajamas (did anyone else watch that show?)
Flying penguins
Baby donkey who thinks he’s a dog
A moose ball (ball as in dance; I had to get you back for the one you gave me 😉 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Yes! You’re right. 😀 I actually have never seen Short Circuit 2, but I’ve seen Short Circuit 1, and my brother showed me the clip of the bookstore from Short Circuit 2 which contains that quote. 🙂 Isn’t Number Five so cute?
@dekreel @anyone-else-reading-this I would recommend you use a filter if you watch those movies, since th…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Well here in America Whovians are rarer than Trekkers, so I guess when Trekkers meet, they just compare how much they’ve watched. But when Whovians meet, they seize the moment no matter how much they’ve watched it! At least that’s what I do, since the majority of my friends have NO clue what Doctor Who is…
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Sorry, no idea…
Let’s see…
“Fixing, fixing…”
That one’s a little hard. Here’s an easier one:
“It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.”
@perfectfifths @catwing @anyone
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Â I guess that was also back when you had the idea for the Compendium. XD
Well! Apparently so…
Yeah, that’s the problem with wanting to include lots of people…
@mnvalentine You think so?? 😀
@gh24682468999 @ariel-ashira Thank you!!! Aethasia is a land from The Aetherlight, which is like an online, steampunk, alle…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter I personally think everyone is different. It usually takes me a long time to come up with a plot and character and everything too. But when I have some time, I’ll sit myself down and go over what needs more. I use the ‘what if’ question a lot, some answers may be ridiculous but others might end up being cool plot twists.
But I would…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice yeah, I’ve heard that about standardbreds.
Oh wow your ankle is only now healing properly?! *sighs and shakes head* the things we do for horses…..;)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Well, not if you’ve only seen about three or four episodes at the most. 😀 And I told you a while ago that I’d seen the eleventh doctor! It was back during our conversation on your female doctor fanfic document when we talked about Star Trek as well.
I know I’ve watched a couple episodes, but I only remember one. If my brother rem…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Actually, for that particular story I had basically nothing figured out. Really all I had were the characters, who my sister already knew because it was a sequel to another book which she had read, and I knew the setting. So I said something like “It’s got to be set in the 1880s, and I can’t stand the 1880s! Why would my char…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Yep. Especially since I get to melt @daeus ‘ throne when I’m done with it. *eats his frozen raspberries and ice cream too*
😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter 🙂 *sits regally on @daeus ‘ throne and looks very wise*
@rochellaine That’s awesome! 😀 I love my sounding-boards.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter I agree with @skredder and @dragon-snapper about sounding boards. 🙂 Once I was brainstorming for a part of a book that I really didn’t want to write, but had to you know, because that was part of the story, but since I didn’t want to write it I couldn’t think of anything to write. So I sat down with one of my sisters and told her t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Well, I begin by doing it in my head, then I start to write down those ideas all at once. Usually, it’s a big jumble of scenes, and I organize them later.
Oh goodness, all the time. I made the mistake a year ago by writing a trilogy without planning the whole thing out first. So a few months ago, I had two finished books, and…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic New Topic: Is this okay? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I like the questions you brought up in this piece. About Ruth’s character. What might be in the shed, and what it was doing in there in the first place?
And what would happen to David? 😀
Definitely keep it up! -
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Usually, I brainstorm just by building off that idea. Asking questions in my mind. Adding characters to a concept. Actually, most of it is imagining it as a movie, and what kind of plot twists build off of it. 😛
-
Ingrid posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
I know, I should have posted this at the beginning of the week but since I left for Florida I forgot. I want to apologize for not responding if you tagged me!!!! I haven’t been online a lot so…
Anyway, see you guys when I get back! -
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@destiny I’ve been keeping track of Aethasians who come here, yes. 🙂 I’m so glad you like it!
Great, I think your glitter drowned out all the fog in Aethasia. Well done. XD *sneezes*
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Thank you!
Good grief. Just how many more Whovians are there here that I don’t know about?!?! 😀 😀 😀
That just sounds really weird…
- Load More
