@christi-eaton
Active 8 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 306
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Odd Team Out (Or the Cobalt Fanclub Revival) in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury my, don’t we look funny. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Vanna aha!! Permit me to enlighten you! Cobalt is the most celebrated fictional character on. this. forum. Created by none other than… *drumroll* our very own spy/genius lady, Rosemary Mucklestone!!!
*puffs out chest impressively* And I, my very dear young lady, am president of the Cobalt Fan Club.Okay, in plain English, Cobalt Winter is one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Odd Team Out (Or the Cobalt Fanclub Revival) in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! *does impromptu jig* 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@writefury really!? Wow… I actually thought it was too understated. I should have had him trip over the edge of the sidewalk or something. 😉
I guess it helps that I’ve had a lot of practice working with this character-type before… *sly wink* -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope it can work in whatever you want it to. So what if it’s usually considered scifi? Challenge perceptions! Force people to think outside the box! Conquer the world! *shakes fist over head, glowers out over whoever is listening*
😉
Hm, let’s see now. If the Reflection is a reflection, then the real world must be… um… yeah. Physical.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Awesome topic @Hope. My all time favorite writing scripture is Ecclesiastes 12:11:
The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
It reminds me not only of the power we wield (and have a responsibility to wield responsibly) but also of Who gave us that power, and ultimately…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that’s sounding more and more like a very wise idea. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh no, @Hannah-C! That’s awful. I’m so sorry. *weeps in sympathy* Thankfully nothing this dire has ever happened to me. It almost did once— I accidentally hit ctrl-A (highlight) instead of ctrl-S (save) then continued typing before the command had fully gone through… and you know when you highlight something and keep typing, whatever you keep…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got a bit more editing if anyone is interested???????? 🙂 Anyone????
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I got my editing done earlier @daeus. I’m not sure how many words, but I got a short story fixed up. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae she’s a bit of a perfectionist… 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Hmm…I honestly don’t know if I’d like to be a paid beta-reader. The only books I beta-read are @kate-flournoy ‘s, and I know I wouldn’t want to be paid for doing that. It’s too fun, and besides if I were getting paid I might get too stressed out about finding every single bingle little detail that could need correcting, because I’d…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
For me, I think it would be the refreshing simplicity of the style coupled with the strength and complexity of the allegory. There’s always something you didn’t notice before; always something else to remark on and think over. And it doesn’t require say, two weeks of commitment. Like the Count of Monte Cristo would. 😛 It can be read through in a…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ve got some editing to do if anyone wants to tag along. I’ll be jumping up and down as I have stuff to do, but I’ve got some spare time to write.
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @daeus, @jadamae -
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh and a frowny face is done with : ( 🙁
-
BlueJay replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Sorry @emma-flournoy. Just woken up. *yawn* And yes I did know where the quote came from, but when I logged in I forgot to say. *Me and my great memory* Anyway it comes from the Hobbit and to be more precise it is when Beorn meets the dwarves and Gandalf. 🙂 Am I right?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh yes, I enjoy beta-reading very much.
A content editor—what’s the difference between that and beta-reading? 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks @jadamae!
Well even though I don’t write stories, I believe I like them (and dissecting them 😉 ) every bit as much as a real writer. 🙂
And depending on your definition of weird, I like weird people too. @kate-flournoy considers herself weird, and in case you hadn’t noticed, I like her. 😛
- Load More
