@catwing
Active 4 years, 2 months ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Motivation and Time Management in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Something I find helpful when setting goals is to make sure the goal is realistic. If I set a goal that I know isn’t going to happen I find that I don’t put much effort into it. So if I set a smaller goal that is realistic I find that I get more done then if I set a bigger goal that I don’t think I can tackle.
Also it’s…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclar-bonnetfolly
@perfectfifthsHaha you guys are so punny 😀
Here’s another joke I’m fond of… How does an asteroid keep his pants on?
….With an asteroid belt! ;D
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Pinterest in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@daeus Coolio, I’m following you now 😉
-
EpicAddie2's profile was updated 8 years, 9 months ago
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I agree with everyone else, FINISH NARNIA!!!
Besides that though, here are some books.
- Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan
- Dragon Slippers by Jessica Day George
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo (Okay, so this isn’t fantasy or HF or sci-fi, and it’s more for younger kids, but I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH)
…
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel @aislinn-mollisong Hey guys! Are y’all still up for beta-reading that book of mine? If not, that’s fine because I still have nearly 4 others, but I just wanted to confirm…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Motivation and Time Management in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I set an amount of words that I need to write each day. Usually, that’s 1000 words, which can be anywhere from 15 mins of writing to an hour.
To keep from getting distracted, I close out of internet explorers and google, although sometimes that doesn’t work. Just so long as I reach 1000 words a day. (it doesn’t have to be that…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
Grace H. are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Joy posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@audrey-caylin Hi! So I have been making notes for the KPA… Could you show me where in the forum your sword and cape were taken from you? I’m curious 😀
-
@dekreel sure! I think I can find it… it’s back when there was a marketing group for KP, so I’m not sure if the thread is still there, but I’ll look 🙂
-
It’s in here: https://kingdompen.org/forums/topic/introduce-yourself-and-volleyball-2/ That’s where my cape makes a mess of things. The story was never finished in there (I acted out the rest when I was daydreaming one day 😉 ), and I think I lost my sword in one of the writers’ corners. I can’t remember which one though 😛
-
I couldn’t access it…. So when you said “The Evil Overlord” stole them, did you mean Michael Stanton?
-
I was afraid that might happen 😛 Let me try to summarize the story best I remember it:
There was a volley ball match in the Kingdom of Pen. Everyone was invited. We were all supposed to make epic entrances before we began playing. I was terrified, because I’m HORRIBLE at volleyball, so I was hesitating at my entrance. I’d brought my trusty cape…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
Joy replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Shannon and Emily are on a three-month hiatus… :-/
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths It’s genius-bad. It’s… well you know how hilarious bad jokes are! I didn’t mean it quite like that…
LOL… fine. The tank went to the doctor to get a shot
BA DUM TISSSSS
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Okay, let’s try this again…
@aislinn-mollisong @sam-kowal @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @catwing @perfectfifths @seekjustice @that_writer_girl_99
-
Joy replied to the topic Jokes/Riddles/Puns/Memes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly HAHAHA those are hilarious
@perfectfifths Arrr! Bad one XD
Think about it! A tank going to a doctor to…..
-
Snapper replied to the topic What Stan and I did on Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@shannon (for whenever you return… ) @sam-kowal
Even though he was weaker than Dragon-snapper. Tell him that I commiserate with him on that point. No one can defeat her. Unless I can figure out a way to immobilize her in a pile of glitter 😉
Oh, thanks! Stan is super pleased. He knows the pain of the rest of the world, having to submit to…
-
Ethryndal and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Aislinn Mollisong and
SeekJustice are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic How to Spot a Kapeefer in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
A KaPeeFer is the spammiest spammer on the Interwebs. (On the Aetherlight forums, spam is NOT TOLERATED)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’M BACK!!
I don’t know what everyone else has recommended, but I’ll give you some of my favourites
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Eagle of the Ninth by Rosemary Sutcliff
- A Cast of Stones by Patrick Carr
- The Door Within trilogy by Wayne Thomas Batson
- A Time To Die by Nadine Brandes. An absolutely awesome book!
- Les Miserables…
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper *buries face in hands and groans* You are evil. Urgggg….
Um, so I’m not EXACTLY sure how this works, but I’m aware that it’s supposed to be a paragraph or something. HOWEVER… I kinda got carried away, and it… Yeah. Anyway. Apologies in advance for me not doing what I’m supposed to do.
Challenge: Show
Setting: Stuck at…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@Dekreel FINISH NARNIA. It’s worth it.
Now for Sarah’s random and incredibly obscure book recommendations:
There’s this book that no one but me has ever heard of called The Gammage Cup, by Carol Kendall, and it’s a super good, whimsical little fantasy. And this other one called Mortis, by Hannah Cobb, which is about a school of assassins and…[Read more]
- Load More
