@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve wrestled with this question too. For example, I wrote a story once (think Redwall ) with talking otters who acted like people, believed in God and could be saved etc. I didn’t have a problem with that because in this world they were people, with souls and free will. They weren’t animals anymore. They just alagorically…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper oooh shiny!! I like it a lot! I look forward to seeing your content soon!
-
Joy replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY! Going there right now!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Try @mariposa! She’s an amazing artist, and I think she has done illustrating before!
-
EpicAddie2 posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
“Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.” ~C. S. Lewis
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Coolio, I’ll check it out!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow! Sounds amazing. I’ve read your stuff before and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I’m in.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Ha, you should head down to where I live, then. Plenty of heat here.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey~
I’m a little confused as to what you’re asking here. Are you asking about the Biblical soundness of including “humanoid” creatures in your story? Or are you debating the differences between animal and human?
If your question relates to the former, I’d like to ask what impact God has in the world you’ve created. Do your characters actively…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow, that’s awesome! Hearing that many voices all at once, all singing to God always gives me chills!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Ethics, Women, Strength, and Plots in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi there! @allison-grace
A few things to consider here, but first, check out this video:Â https://kingdompen.org/character-types-the-strong-female-character-tm/
Okay. Now, I’m no expert on this, and without any knowledge of how exactly your MC goes about saying anyone, this might be a shot in the dark, but here’s my advice: make it re…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 You should definitely look up Sight and Sound. They have only two theaters, one in Branson, Missouri, and the other in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, but they have all of their musicals on DVD and the soundtracks on CD. If you want a quick look into what they do, they have several trailers and behind-the-scenes videos on YouTube.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Haha! I’m so glad, but – what is, specifically? 🙂
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Oh, and I haven’t heard of Sight and Sound Theaters. Sounds cool though! I’ll look into it. 😉
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Understandable, although Lin-Manuel Miranda did a very good job at making sure things are historically accurate. There are only a few small things that he changed for the purpose of making the musical a bit better. 😉
I’m a bit new to the musical world, Hamilton being the first musical (besides Disney movies) that I’ve listened…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone, I’m looking for an illustrator for a couple of children’s books I have written. I think this is the right place to do so…
Well, I don’t think I know anyone well enough to tag, but if you are reading this and you know someone or someone who might know someone else – could you do the tagging for me?
Thanks.
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ooooooh I really like the name! *goes to check it out*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 Are there any other musicals you like? I prefer the older ones, like Oklahoma!, Show Boat, and Roberta.
Have you heard of Sight and Sound Theaters? They do musicals based on Biblical stories such as Jonah, Joseph, and Ruth. They are AMAZING!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@epicaddie2 I think I had heard of it before, but I just skimmed through the synopsis on Wikipedia and decided I don’t like it. 🙂
I am a stickler for historical accuracy, and so any blatant portrayal of historical figures by someone who purposefully does not look like them will not interest me. As an example, my family went to see the…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys!
I finally made myself a blog! 😀 Here’s the link to Silver Phoenix
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bethanysinkyroses @dekreel @mariposa @ethryndal @winter-rose @sam-kowal @seekjustice @jenwriter17
And I’m new to blogging, so if you see anything, you all just let me know! I’ll be happy to listen and learn.
- Load More
