@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@graciegirl Fantasy and sci-fi are awesome genres. (I’m a little biased bc that’s what I like to write. 😛 )Steampunk, you say?? *huge grin* I love steampunk! (again, biased… but steampunk is still cool)
Thank you, I like my profile pic, too. ;)<i> </i>I love Star Trek!
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
I Have a character who while I don’t consider her to be comic relief is extremely optimistic.
I think a good question to ask would be, why is this character optimistic?
For my character she grew up in a very healthy family around very kind people. So she always sees the best in people and (wrongly, as this causes her troubles at some…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
Wow cool! 😀
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder
I love how writing forces you to learn new things!But then since they are for stuff you are choosing to write, its usually something you would find interesting. (Of course sometimes you gotta learn loads of boring stuff.. *yawns*)
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17
Ahahaha. If I ‘like’ starwars.Oh jen, I adore starwars! 😀 Once again I knew it was coming but I didn’t realize so soon!
(I suppose May isn’t super soon though haha.) -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Well there’s Evyn, the princess of Allora and the heir to the throne. She’s also a soldier–an archer in Allora’s militia. She’s not completely clear to me yet, but she’s awesome–sweet, feisty, and very…well, sad, at the moment. Emotionally dynamic.
And then there’s Everett. He commands a squad of archers in the militia, and he’s Evyn’s best…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Whoohoo! Congrats!!
Unfortunately I have zero experience with blogging so I don’t have any tips for you. The ones that dragon snapper suggested sound legit though! 😀
Oh yeah, Thanks for the chocolate! <3 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder
Are you familiar with character arcs? Because having one of those might help you figure out where your character is and where they are going 🙂
Also with all this talk about amnesia I would suggest doing some research on the topic! Though maybe you already have? -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Yeah! It’s been difficult, though. Seems like every little thing has presented a challenge…the outlining, the characters…goodness, I have such high-maintenance characters.
Yet…I love it. I’m starting to see progress, and I’m happy. @winter-rose
-
Snapper and
The fledgling Artist are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
There. I put you on my blog list. 😁
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’ve started writing it, but only just. I’m on the second chapter. @winter-rose
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder
Ew ikr who even likes throw up green?? (I know almost exactly what color you are talking about)
I used to love pastels but recently I’ve found that i’m much more drawn to darker, but deep and rich colors. Like jewel tones maybe? I realized I think I liked pastels because I hated overly saturated colors and neons (Still do act…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic New Blog on the Block! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered I would be laughing so hard right now. XD I just made a blog, and the title of the post is New Blog on the Block. Hahahahahaha! 😀 New Blog on the Block
Great blog! It’s so pretty! 😉
I’m taking all that chocolate.
So, my basic tips of what’s worked for me so far equals the following.
- follow other blogs. The blog on my…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Got a beginning…missing an ending in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder I’m sure you’ll be able to do it without copying. Something I was thinking about was the fact that the Vikings captured people from several other nations besides Ireland. I read a G.A. Henty book about that, called The Dragon and the Raven. It was very interesting, and dealt with the Vikings and their culture, but the hero was Bri…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
Oops, sorry, I had to drive my brother somewhere, but I’m here now.
I’m working on my WIP, Allora. @winter-rose
-
The fledgling Artist and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Elizabeth replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
I’m here! @winter-rose
Ooh, fancy Writing Team badge. I likey.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17
Yeah! Black Panther and Hawk Eye are higher up on my list of favorites too 😀 I knew Black Panther was getting a movie but I didn’t realize it was coming out so soon! 😮 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Making calendars? That sounds so cool!
Hmm Well lately I’ve not been taking many pictures at all! 🙁 At one point I was very into it and I would love to get back to that place. If I could take pictures of what ever I wanted I think landscapes, cityscapes, and animals are were its at 😀 Though those first two would involve traveling..…[Read more] - Load More
