@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I totally agree! Even in the New Testament in the “credits” sections of Paul’s letters there are some unusual names. I mean, everyone’s heard of the name Aquila, but no one uses it because it sounds a little strange for a boy.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I love making up words! (For instance, the character name topic I started.) How about smogis, longofay, caheloma, or jonjuke? What type of culture is it? That might have bearing on what kind of sounds they use in their language.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa You, my dear, astonish me!!! That is…wow.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder
Cool! I would read it. 😀 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@everyone
If you want some interesting old sounding names the old testament t is FULL of them haha.. just find a chapter full of ‘this person begat this person’ or ‘this person the son of this person’ etc 🙂 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight
I wont say I toldya so :p haha.@mariposa Wow! You are really good with colored pencils! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, As I said in the first post, I don’t write fantasy. 🙂 I go for the classic and the realistic, not the fantastical and grotesque. But then, that’s why I put the names out, right? So people could use them in ways I couldn’t!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, Ohhh, I don’t know! If she’s a person, probably. If she’s a normal animal like fox or tiger, probably again. If she’s a strange creature with a lizard’s body, a cat’s legs, and a peacock tail – probably not! 🙂 But I don’t care what you use it for, I just care what my own impressions of her are.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Again, I have NO idea who she will be. She might be human, she might be creature……… *shrug*
Would you WANT me to tell you who she is?
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Why, thank you! Larik is one of my favorites, too.
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal @jane-maree *runs in panting* I hear the word “Reckoners,” I come running. 😀 I just finished Calamity yesterday. I’m still in the wandering-around-in-a-book-daze faze. *flailing* *book dazed-ness*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Wonderful! Actually, I like sci-fi better than fantasy, so I do think your updated plot sounds more cool. 🙂
You do illustrations yourself?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Hooray for Kethra! 🙂
But I’m kind of worried that you’ll tell me who she’ll be, since I picture her as a person, but someone who likes to draw strange looking creatures might end up turning her into one…
Am I right? Or does Kethra have a chance of surviving in the human world? 🙂
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi all! This week’s “winner” was @livgiordano !! Drop your advice here for another chance to see your advice in our newsletter!!
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I don’t remember right off the top if a whole thread disappears or not. If it doesn’t disappear, it would probably be on the topic list, but I think the topic itself would be completely empty.
I do remember that I had to create a completely new thread the last time it happened
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am actually strongly considering using Kethra in future stories 😀 I have NO idea who she will be or what story she’ll be in yet
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hi! I thought I’d let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award on my blog. If you’ve seen it that’s fine, but one of the rules is to notify the people you tagged… so I thought I’d notify you. XD
https://silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com/2018/01/secondary-introduction-liebster-award.html
- Load More
