@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d You don’t like “All I Need is You?!” Why?
My two favorite songs by Hollyn are “Obvious?” and “Girl” I also really like “In Awe”
-
Snapper replied to the topic Any Advice for A Soon-To-Be Blogger? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Like @audrey-caylin said, the biggest thing you can do to build your base and bring people to your blog is comment and build relationships with other bloggers. I’ve had to do that myself.
Unexpected… Actually, the main thing that I didn’t expect was how much I’ve enjoyed it. There’s not much that I haven’t liked so far. But you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight That was actually why I posted this – because I’m not used to writing this style. 🙂 So I didn’t know how it would work out.
The Huckleberry Finn comment was not really about setting or actual story. I didn’t originally intend for it to have anything to do with Huckleberry Finn. I just wrote this as it came to me at first, wh…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Okay, here is the google document. You should be able to comment on it.
@sam-kowal I’m glad you like him! If you would like to point out the parts that seem too rambling to make sense, you can comment on the google document. I would like to figure out how to do that without messing up his speech, because that’s who he is. :…[Read more]
-
Joy and
bethanys.inky.roses are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine AH! I love the plotline. I really want to know what happens. Like really. Write more now.
The only things I think you need to do is add some paragraph breaks–those make it easier to read. And try to use the word ‘so’ less. It’s alright to use it with this guys style, but a bit less would be better.
It’s also a bit fast-paced. If…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17
Confession time.. I don’t think I’ve ever actually read  a dystopian novel … haha.I think a common thing though is that a small band of teenagers is all it takes to overthrow the evil government.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine It does sound a little bit rambly. Which I don’t mind since I know the person who wrote it. But if I just picked up a random book at a bookstore or library I think it would annoy me a little and I wouldn’t finish it. I do like the main character though and i’m curious as to what happens next!
“She looked scared at me. I was scared,…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
I love Lauren Daigle! Whats your favorite song by her? Mine is hands down salt and light. So beautiful <3
I also like for king and country and casting crowns a lot 🙂 Rend collective is a christian band who happens to be Irish 🙂 (I noticed Irish/Celtic music coming up a lot) -
Joy replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I like it! I love how casual the narrator sounds. Except he sounds a little too bumbly to me. It’s an interesting story, but I think I would cut out some of the “bumbling” if you know what I mean. That would make it much more interesting in my opinion. But then again, I personally favor action. What can I say? *shrug*
Anyway, I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec Hehe, do you like biology? I think it’s cool! What have you dissected?
-
Rochellaine started the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
I just tried a new style of writing, and though it was really fun to do, I don’t know if it’s worth continuing like this. I’ll probably finish the story anyway, but I might change the style. Please tell me what you all think. It’s kind of based on Huckleberry Finn, though I didn’t begin it with that in mind.
I am Joshua, son of none. No, not…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Haha, that’s perfect! I might use that… Ohh, unless you’re already using it, which is fine XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Inserting Pictures in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@clairec She said she did it when she was eight or something, so I doubt it
*looks at fish brain picture* Eww….. Cooooooooooll
(I like biology XP )
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Oh, that’s funny!! Good signature choice! 😉
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @sam-kowal @kate-flournoy @jenwriter17 @rochellaine @jane-maree @catwing @aislinn-mollisong @ethryndal @everyone-else
WELLLLLL, forget my hiatus!! I was talking about it with my mom earlier and she (being the superhero she is) led me to realize that if I rid my life of Kingdom Pen, I’ll simply fill that empty…[Read more]-
Also, @aislinn-mollisong Xonos is back. Can you show him the stick-Kapeefers PLEEEASE? 😀 😀
-
Yay! Congratulations on your new resolutions. 😉
-
-
😀 Okay. Well, excellent. *stops panicking*
-
I’m glad you’re not leaving us! Also, I like your new profile picture!
-
That’s such a great idea to commit more time to prayer!
-
-
Joy replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine Okay! I’ll write an article!! Not sure about the book though XD
-
Hannah replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus if you need readers still, I’m in. Like Mallory my library has been dry of anything to read.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I love reading a Scottish accent! 🙂
You said your sequel will be based on A Tale of Two Cities? Doesn’t everyone die in the end of that one, too?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I’m sorry that I misinterpreted you! I’m glad we’re in agreement on this. I’ll attempt to explain it all better as I revise it. And yes, I definitely tried to portray Justice as unhealthily obsessed with his country (at this point, he doesn’t believe in God, no).
Yes, that all made sense! And no, I don’t believe that all…[Read more]
- Load More
