@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily *tearfully accepts sympathy* *cheers up* Maybe! I hope so. I remember the gist of what I wrote, so I’ll go from there. I guess 500 words doesn’t seem like a whole lot in novel terms, but it was for a short story, so a whole page missing is probably about an eighth of the whole thing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Somebody sympathize with me, please! I just found out I lost probably five hundred words that weren’t autosaved when my computer died! 🙁 I was really stupid not to save it every five minutes, but it’s too late now, and it’s all gone.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh thank you! I’m so happy that you enjoyed it!
Thank you, that means so much to me 🙂 I did my absolute best to make the ending hopeful and not too depressing because I hate depressing books (I don’t like Romeo and Juliet either. It’s overly melodramatic and depressing in my view)
I sing a lot too. I mean why talk when…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic false gods… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
ooh, this is a cool idea. Tough question, too, so let’s see if I can explain my view on it.
In truth, I think all you really need to do is look at the Bible–specifically, the Old Testament. Many books in the Old Testament deal with false gods, idolatry, etc, but all for the purpose of showing the tension between God’s chosen people, the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Could you point out a place where they aren’t relevant? I can’t find any myself, but that could be because I wrote it. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice “Only One main character dies!” I might be able to handle that. At the end of Stars Fill Infinity I totally agreed with Chess that I couldn’t take it anymore! 🙂 By the time you finish the sequel I will probably have healed from the trauma of watching all those characters die.
But seriously, though I usually do feel like that…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic false gods… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus, thanks.
I meant plot, not theme earlier….
-
Alia replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
I have a girl that needs to be drawn.
Precium, or just Cium
four years old, chubby round face, bright smile with on dimple, green eyes, wild wispy curly golden blonde hair that frames her face. a plain dress that reaches just below her knees and a woolen cloak that is about an inch longer with a hood usually off.
shy, but brave and kind. later…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Please do! I’m glad you like it! And I will need a lot more advice before I can make this story as clean and smooth as it should be.
Here is the link again, in case it’s hard to find in all the posts going back and forth here.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks for your comments.
Are his recollections about his street life irrelevant to what is happening? I wanted to have them in there so you get a little bit of his background, and he uses them to explain why he acts certain ways.
@waterlily I actually agree. 🙂 I never use this type of voice, which is why I posted it here, be…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder I told you before that I thought the idea was a good one. 🙂 The opening you posted sounds great, except for the fact that in the very first couple of sentences I had to read them several times before I figured out who was talking. I thought the little six-year-old girl was the one who had been gone, which obviously wouldn’t make s…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Can I join in? I can only really draw manga…but I’m not very good.
-
Alia started the topic false gods… in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
So, I’m writing a book were the main theme is that the “gods” of the land and their priests are holding the people in bondage, but there is a small band of rebels fighting. I’m planning on bringing in the God figure (its a fantasy story), but I don’t know how to without it feeling forced
I’m finding a it lot easier to make cruel false gods than…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jessi-rae Thank you! 😀
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Cliche? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Nope, I wouldn’t say that’s cliché. Actually, I think it’s cool.
*disappears in a poof of smoke*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Cliche? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey Jackson,
Off the top of my head, I can’t think of a movie in which something along those lines occurs, so I’m not sure if it’s cliche, exactly, nor am I sure that it’s at all practical–although, I don’t know what you’re writing this for, or the world it takes place in, so that’s not for me to say.
Short answer…no, in my opinion, it’s not cliche.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
‘ello @livgiordano did you get this all figured out?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey @skredder! Sounds like an intriguing idea you’ve got here! I’d tell you to go for it, but it looks like you’ve already got all the help you’ll need. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
lol, thank you both for sharing your advice! @dekreel @mnvalentine
It’s Monday, and that means the weekly fun email is very close! If you haven’t already, drop your words of wisdom here and get a chance to be in the newsletter! 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 For good measure…….

I drew this one (below) for a character Xchange:

And finally, one of my absolute favorite villains of all time…

I do have better examples, I just happen to not have pictures of them 😛
- Load More
