@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Snapper replied to the topic Reader Base in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Certainly would be nice. XD Laws.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
A futeristic tavern/pub sort of place. Probably pretty dirty, quite crowded, I can imagine the walls being metal for some reason, but very grubby. She usually sits behind the bar and paints at an easel.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@christi-eaton Jim Weiss does some very enjoyable versions of G. A. Henty’s books. However, he does edit them to ensure they can be heard by children, which some might think is a good thing, and others a bad thing. 🙂 (I usually prefer the unabridged versions.)
I don’t listen to audiobooks much, but when I do I go to librivox.org for free…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Well, that’s the extent of my tech-knowledge, so hopefully someone else comes along with the answer you need. @jenwriter17
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing *crazy wide-eyed stare* WHHHYYYYY… xD
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine *rubs hands excitedly* All these quotes are great! A fav of mine…
“A writer is a world trapped in a person.” -Victor Hugo
-
Alia replied to the topic Before the Sunrise – Missionary Kid Realistic Fiction in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999, do you still need people to read this? I’m an MK going through this
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Audiobooks (and all the jazz) in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
No recommendations from me, although seeing you post on the forum may or may not have just made me faint. 😉
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Also, I should point out that the spam/junk folder has been known to devour KP emails of any kind. @jenwriter17
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic New Password in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Probably would have been best to send an email, but I’ll tag @aratrea too, for good measure.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel I don’t know that one, but I think I do know the one Louise Fowler posted over a month ago which no one answered…
@perfectfifths, is it Fezzik from The Princess Bride when he and Inigo are trying to find the “Man in Black?”
Anyone know this one? (We can do books, too, right?)
“He calls me a crow, because my hair is black…”
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 @perfectfifths @whoever
Bonus points and my undying respect to those of you who can guess these:
Two characters on the telephone:
Character 1: “I’ll be there in an AAAAAAAAAA…!”
Character 2: “In an ‘hour?’ I can’t wait an hour!”
Second quote:
“Dynamic deduction!”
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@catwing This will sound like a totally ridiculous question unless you are the person I’m thinking of…
Something you said here about a book you are writing made me want to ask: When you were about twelve years old did you write a book about a detective animal – I think a rabbit?
And illustrate it yourself?
Have you ever been to the HEAV…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa Ohh, no…… X’D
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Dilemma! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d Tell me about the characters! I love hearing about them. What kind of world do they live in? What are their personalities like? How old are they? That way I can give you a story idea based on the characters and the world they live in 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Thanks for commenting! You make some very good points.
Giving Chara a bad experience at home so that she flees to her aunt and uncle’s house to mature and then go back to face the problems at home is a reasonable idea, and I’ve read several books with that premise. My problem with it is if something like that happened to me, I don’t t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 No idea. 🙂 Good quote, though.
@ingridrd Oh, I LOVE the Julie Wright quote! Most people think this is weird, but my form of optimism is often not “Things could be worse,” but “Now that I’ve experienced this horrible thing, I can write about it more correctly.” 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Magic System Idea and Time Loops in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy I think time loops are really cool, though they do kind of give me a headache. 🙂 I don’t really have anything to add, but I’m wondering where you got the idea?
There’s a hilarious episode of Stargate SG-1 that deals with time loops and their quirks called Window of Opportunity. If you’re writing about time loops you might enjoy it, and…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine @everyone
“What doesn’t kill us gives us something new to write about.” ~Julie Wright
“A writer is by nature a dreamer—a conscious dreamer.” ~Carson McCullers
-
Joy replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04Â Personally I like girls eyes better because boys eyes tend to be angular. I’m more used to drawing girls in general X’D
@catwing That’s good! I like the eyes 😀
- Load More
