@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes, or a book. My quote is from a popular girls book written about a Canadian island circa 1900…Does that give anyone clues?
@kaya-young That sounds like it came from a movie – but then, I really only watch classic movies, so how would I know? 😀 Is it from Disney?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m so glad you liked it!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Hi! Welcome! You write realistic fiction?!! That’s wonderful! So do I, almost exclusively, but I’ve rarely met anyone else who does. Fantasy seems to be in style. 🙂
Do you write historical or contemporary? I do a little of both, but mostly contemporary.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine (I did get multiple emails, it was a bit confusing, but that’s okay!)
Oh thank you 🙂 That’s so sweet that you wrote a poem for me!
“And one by one you refuse to let them live” my poor characters. They never had a chance! 🙁
I really love it. I’m copying it into a word document and putting it in the Stars Fill Infinity folder.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow!! Thanks 😀 She looks pretty cool (and the tag actually did work the first time, I don’t know why it didn’t go green). Thank you so much!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Preserving History in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
First of all, yes this is a cool idea! And I definitely think that there would be other people in your local area who would find it interesting! I’m not sure what it’s like in America, but in Australia local and family history is very big and a lot of people write books on it. They can be very interesting if they’re well written!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
And we add another Lord of the Rings fan to the kingdom!!! 🙂 *shakes your hand vigorously*. I love Faramir too, though I must say I like Frodo and Sam a little better. And Jean Valjean! You like Les Mis as well? We are officially friends now 🙂
Okay, I’ll stop being excited now. Let me think of a sensible question to ask. What…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a bookworm when you hate a book so much that you want to throw it across the room, but you restrain yourself because the cover is pretty and you don’t want to hurt it.
-
Alia replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston, Welcome! Love Tolkien and Lewis. I’m getting ready to read the Abolition of Man as soon as it comes into the library
-
Alia replied to the topic Can anyone proof my film sript? Please? in the forum Film 8 years, 8 months ago
@ceaseless-prayer, sorry got busy. I’ll read it today or tomorrow
-
Snapper replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston WELCOME TO THE BESTISTEST PLACE ON THE INTERNET!
Yo. I won the game for once. 😉
Ooh, realistic fiction. Do you have a current WIP?
-
EpicAddie2 changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@valtmy Okay, that makes sense, but would the scene have to be before the airport scene, or could it be later in the book as Chara remembers it happening?
There should be a pretty stressful scene in a few pages and I’m planning to have her unable to take care of it until someone helps her. This should show her at the bottom of her self-reliance…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Hooray! My brother quotes that movie a lot. 🙂
@dekreel I didn’t notice the second quote the first time. The word “dynamic” makes me think of the dynamic duo (Batman and Robin) but it is highly unlikely you would use a quote from the 1960s here, so I’m sure that has nothing to do with it. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Whoops! Double post. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we may come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa I like the “Rome was not built in a day” quote. It helps remind us that though writing isn’t always easy, by keeping at it we can come up with something grand. 🙂
@daughteroftheking Cool description!
Here’s a quote by one of my favorite authors – Carolyn Wells.
“A critic is a necessary evil, and criticism is an evil…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
My post keeps getting deleted. I hope it stays here this time 🙂 Sorry if it keeps sending you emails with the same post, but it just won’t show up on the forum.
@seekjustice For some reason I decided to write this today. It was originally supposed to be semi-funny like the quote I showed you last night, but it ended up – well, like it is. :)…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Cool! I’m following you now 😉
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Wow, okay… oops.
- Load More
