@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel It’s awesome isn’t it!
XD I might or might not have done that. Especially with some sort of dramatic music playing in the background?
You know you’re a writer when you talk to your character as you draw them, or scream at them, telling them to let you draw their nose or else… or else… or else you’ll kill them off!
But it’s an…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I mean, there are writers, and then there are Kapeefers…
So this is like “You know you’re on Kingdom Pen when…”
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper “Mii.” Ohh, do I love that word
You know you’re a writer when you almost cry while daydreaming up a dramatic and sad story idea
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@SeekJustice I agree with Emma, and recommend reading LotR first. As the Silmarillion is, basically, a history of Middle-Earth, not really a novel, I think having the other stories first and foremost in your mind would make it a bit easier to digest.
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make Miis of your character on your Wii.
You know you’re a writer when you miss your character after a few days of not writing.
You know you’re a writer when you say things mainly because it’s a good line.
You know you’re a writer when basically everything in life goes back to writing applications.
You know…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well you all are geniuses.
I mean really. I’ve been struggling with this stuck-ed-ness for months.
I took a five day break.
SO WHY DIDN’T A TAKE A BREAK SOONER!
I went back to writing today after missing it…for once XD… and wrote 1397 words that I actually like in one sitting.
So yeah. I LOVE WRITING AGAIN AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Oh, really?! Cool!
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Wellll, the words “writer” and “Kapeefer” are actually two different things *shrug*
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano *grins* Yep! Hey, you’re in the fantasy group too?
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Kidding, I found you. 😉
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Anyone here doing YWW? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Nice! What’s your name on it so I can follow you?
-
EpicAddie2 posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Hey! I just got Andrew Murray on Prayer in the mail! I ordered it the day you suggested it 😉 I was thinking maybe when I finish it we could discuss it, if you want.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal If Stan ever becomes famous he is more than welcome to post his quotes here. 🙂
Another quote I love, everyone:
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
                      Henry David Thoreau
I think that’s great for…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ve switched between multiple POVs in several of my books and have read many books with multiple POVs. Most books with multiple POVs that I read were not confusing. One book was extremely confusing – in fact so confusing that I only read about two chapters because I had no idea what was going on. 🙂
I believe the reason multiple P…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Yeah, I’m kind of holding up the line here, too. Catch you later!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Well, yeah. I mean, I’m not crazy about it. But I do enjoy watching it
Why don’t you like it?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Great!
Hmm… I dunno… I think the descriptions and the “sensing and feeling” aspect would have to be slightly different, but I’m no expert. You should make a topic on it! 🙂
-
SeekJustice started the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
So, it’s been a few years since I read the Lord of the Rings and I want to do a reread of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit but I also want to read the Silmarillion for the first time. The question is: should I reread and then read the Silmarillion or read the Silmarillion first?
@daeus @dragon-snapper @winter-rose @ethryndal @aratrea anyone…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Um… well the classic series (1960s-80s) would be fine when there are children watching, if that’s what you mean, but it’s hard to find. The current series (2005-present) is more easily accessible, but it’s also more action packed with a bit more language
I would recommend the classic series more than the current series. It’s so…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I LOVE manga! Go for it!
… Why… don’t you like football?
- Load More

@epicaddie2 Sure! It may take me half a year though. 😛 Maybe we could get some other KeePers to read it too?
Yeah, it’s pretty long 😂
That’d be cool! Should I start a thread and ask everyone, or do you want to?
@epicaddie2 You can go ahead with it.
Okay!