@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Yeah, I know it’s everywhere…
Right, I listen to a lot of Christian music, too. But my favorite thing right now to listen to is instrumental music. Especially new age music.
I love TobyMac! He’s one of my favorite singers! Which is your favorite album? Mine is This is Not a Test. Have you ever listened to Switchfoot or…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic When it all seems rather unnerving… in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@christianna-hellwig Welcome! @dekreel You actually said it? Wow! I’ve only heard you say that special little welcoming phrase about twice – or less. 😀
Soo0, Christianna, what’s your favorite period of history? Do you write any other genres besides fantasy?
My “one word of advice” would be “Realism“. That may sound strange advice to a fant…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Oh cool! I write fantasy and fiction and read the same. Some of my favorite books besides Harry Potter are Lord of the Rings, The Giver Quartet, and Percy Jackson. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I do – but in a minor way. Partially because writing isn’t the most important thing for me anymore. As I have grown older there are other things I find I want to do with my life, and writing is more of a side career for me than my main focus. However, I do wish to write well enough to impact the culture on a small scale.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hello My name is in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@Rochellaine
Confusing people is my 2nd occupation! 😀
Sadly neither of my jobs pay well. Or ..y’know at all. -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Oh! I forgot to ask…Do you like Star Trek?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye
Welcome, welcome to the kingdom of pen! We’re glad to have you ^.^
Superheros huh? I have a superhero story too! (And I used to have a character named Reese! He sadly doesn’t exist anymore tho)
Ehem anyways.. What sorts of things do you like to do when you’re not writing? Any other hobbies? 😀 -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Rochellaine is good. 😀 Sorry, but I prefer to be mostly anonymous on the internet. My “name” is a merger of the names of two of my favorite actresses: Rochelle Hudson and Jeanne Crain. Funny, you’re the first person who’s said they thought my name wasn’t my real one. 😀 But everyone calls me just Rochellaine around here…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I completely agree with you! I love the Harry Potter series, and I think it has a lot of positive themes. I’ve no problems with the HP books, and simply mentioned them because @princessfoo had. Really great thoughts there!
The Twilight books, however, are completely empty of any positive themes. I mentioned that they’re for…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Never.
XD Just kidding. Of course I do!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Wowza! I love it.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Hello, there! Have you heard of Pottermore?? It’s pretty neat…I’m a Hufflepuff, by the way. Anyway, welcome!
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You’re right. When I think culture, I think of it on a grander scale, and with an emphasis on the mental/spiritual ways books challenge us to think and act. On that note, you’re right–the Twilight and Hunger Games books present a number of smaller issues that were only escalated due to their popularity. @princessfoo
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
*sighs* Gryffindor, hm? Guess I could tolerate that. Not as cool as Slytherin, but still cool…
Anyway. I just started listening to Imagine Dragons, but I really like them. What’s your favorite song? I think mine is Thunder, I can’t resist singing it when it comes on. @ashlyvye
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo As far as cultural impact goes, I’m not sure Twilight or the Hunger Games series had much to give. They were popular, but empty. More for entertainment purposes than to present food for thought.
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Informal Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*raises hand*
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hello My name is in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 7 months ago
@aedesia Welcome to KP!
What do you like to write?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello there @ashlyvye! Welcome to KP. If you have any questions about where to find something on the site, feel free to ask!
Ooh, you like Harry Potter? Do you know which house you’d be in? *crosses fingers and hopes for Slytherin*
-
Joy and
Bella B. are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Quick Announcement in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, for me, it’s price… I don’t have a job yet and there are other things I need to be able to pay for…
But also, it’s mainly that you’ve already helped me so much with show don’t tell just by working with me on my book. 😛 So… there’s not much demand on the Snapper side of things. (Unless you were to beta-read all my books. Lol)
- Load More
