@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Haha! My sibling and I used to play with the chess pieces like that! Give them voices and all that jazz X)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Oh, oh…don’t ask! I’m trying, but it’s not going as fast as I would like.
By the way, I haven’t even found out what happens to her yet! 😀 I’ve done a very little bit of outlining, but mostly I just write as I go and see what comes out. (Which is sometimes a good thing – and sometimes a very bad thing.)
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart AHHHHHHHH! I love her so much! My favorite part is her eyes. And the dress…absolutely perfect. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths *confused* Um, yeah. That part was supposed to be a joke too…I’ve known the song since I was a little kid, and there’s a part about if the “straw be too long”. 😀
I was meaning after you finish sewing, you’ll eventually have to cut the thread, or it will be hanging all over the place and look silly.
I wonder if the hole in the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@perfectfifths What if the thread be too long? 😀 Ohhh, I just realized that’s a pun!
Love it! 🙂 Thanks for playing!
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you hear about someone else’s experiences and think: “Hey! I can make a character like that!”
All the time. Can’t keep up with it 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
You know you’re a writer when, as you’re playing solitaire, you’re forming a story idea in your mind about four kingdoms who were scattered apart by enemies, and are forced to cooperate and work together to rebuild them
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I couldn’t have told you that, to be honest! I saw it live in Sydney when I was eleven (so that was almost seven years ago), and I didn’t watch the movie until after that (I remember the movie and the musical being very similar, except for a few minor points), and then I didn’t read the book until after that, but I remember virtually…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Oh my goodness! The book is so completely different from the movie that you couldn’t tell they were the same but for the fact that the names aren’t changed! There are so many differences I don’t think you can count them.
Have you heard of the movie Saving Mr. Banks? I haven’t seen it, but it’s a film about the making of Mary Popp…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve heard of My Fair Lady, I’ve even listened to a few of the songs from it, and I know the premise. I might have a look at that one too, when I get some time.
Yeah, it will be interesting! I’m looking forward to writing the post!
Actually, I have a plan! Mary Poppins is a book, movie and musical! It’s actually the only musical…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My *gag* Children's Books in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 That’s okay! XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, I agree that an Anastasia analysis should be very interesting. I’ve only read about it, though. Never seen any of it. Same with The Hunchback, except I’ve seen the 1939 movie version with Maureen O’Hara and Charles Laughton, which I liked a lot. (I think it’s pretty different from the book.) I’m sure, as you say, t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My *gag* Children's Books in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, and YES! Totally leave comments! 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gabbyj Sure!
BTW your signature is awesome 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrenluther04 All right. Dog it is! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Well, a really famous one (In the U.S. and England, at least) is Pygmalion, which was made into the musical/movie My Fair Lady. I can’t stand the thought of the plot, because the male protagonist is horrible the whole way through. (I think he ends up a little tiny bit better in the musical version, but just barely.) The play is by…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic My *gag* Children's Books in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’d imagine somewhere in the tween-early teen age, since that’s how old the MCs are, but I don’t know for sure
@sam-kowal @valtmy Thank you both so much! It helps a lot 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’ve never heard of Carousel, no, but I’m always open to new musicals, so I’ll give it a listen. I’ve just downloading the script on Gutenberg and I’ll read it, then proceed with the musical/movie. It’ll probably be a while before I get to writing a post on it (I’ll have to read it, watch it and then listen to a it a couple of times…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice And here’s a link to the Wikipedia article on the musical.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Have you heard of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical Carousel? It was a stage musical, later made into a movie. It was based on a play, rather than a book, but I read the play like a book on Gutenberg, so it could count if you’re not too much of a literalist?
It actually has a kind of weird, fantastical plot, which upon reading th…[Read more]
- Load More
