@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
The Gif Hiders
Part Two: The Bird and her Cake
The Kingdom of Pen did grow weirder and weirder for Jenna, but only gradually. After a few days, ever since she had come, she had met some centaurs, a mermaid, another dragon, a tiger, and even a droid. But the weirdness didn’t exactly just rocket into the air until about three weeks after she had f…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder Aww! I just said a little prayer for her! God bless her! 🙁
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c Sounds interesting!
collection of stories told in a comical, quirky, and semi sarcastic writing voice?
👍
Cool idea!
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Poems and Songs by Ariella in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Ooh! You’re good at poetry! I really like the Elvish Ballad, since I’m writing a short story in which the main character is an elf. But yeah, you’re really good at poetry!
Old Elfish Ballad: The Song of the High Elves
😀😀😀😀😀😀!
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Sorry! I meant to type “mid-back,” not “mid-black….” Sorry! Thanks though, I’m really excited to see how Ualair turns out!
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel OH! *smacks face against table* I always do that. My bad. I read it like 3 times and I was so confused! Thanks for pointing that out.
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart KP videos… Well I really like the How to Write the Worst ….. Ever series, so definitely watch those. They don’t have to be in order (for the record, my two favorites are Allegory and Dystopian. The former is when the word “Kapeefer” got started)
Sooo… Long story short, it doesn’t matter where you start just WATCH THEM ALL!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c So, I guess fantasy-exclusive readers wouldn’t read it, but those who read realistic fiction or biographies probably would.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter Actually he said “mid back,” not mid black X)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello, anyone around? I’m outlining/writing! (In the daytime, for once. 😀 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Question in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@hannah-c I would read an autobiography written by someone I’ve never heard of for the same reason I would read a book about a character I’d never heard of. 😀 It would just give it an extra flair for me to realize that the character was real…or semi-real.
Answer: Yes; as long as it was interesting. 🙂 And comical and sarcastic is usually interesting.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Hiya KeePers!! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ashlyvye Trailblazers by Dave and Neta Jackson. 😉 Its not really spectacular.. I think since its a collection of short stories you don’t get very attached to any of the characters (Well there were these two characters from two different stories I liked.. but both of them died.) but it’s cool if you’re looking to read about missionaries. 😉
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@warrenluther04 I can try! 🙂 but i’m a little confused by ‘mid-black blond hair’ Does it fade from black to blond? Or is it like a really dark blond?..
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 Wow! Haha! 😀 The last line is my favorite, too.
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
*chuckles* Yes they have.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Is this problem arising in the current story you’re working on, or all of them as a whole? Because child, I’m almost finished reading your book, and I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. If anything, I was going to say that you need to focus more on the emotion, not less. Is this a response from beta-reader feedback, or…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, I must admit I didn’t try very hard with this one. I’ve done much better.
Dolphins, dolphins, oh how I love thee, dolphins
With your fins and tail so perfectly shaped
As you swim, I watch, mouth agape
How are you so perfect? I ask
For me, perfection is an impossible task
And then you leap out of the water
And look, you caught h…[Read more]
-
EpicAddie2 replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Yikes, I’m a bit late. Sorry! It was a crazy week last week.
Well, I’ll try, although I’m terrible at poetry. Like, really bad. It’s sad.
-
Snapper started the topic Just a Bit… Dismal in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Alrighty, guys…
I could use some help on this front. I’ve learned pretty well over the past few months how to show and not tell, but I actually am using that too much.
Don’t get me wrong. Always show over tell, but my problem is that I’m focusing way too much on the emotion. And Ike… Zelaya, they’ve all gone dismal.
How do I refocus my…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago - Load More
