@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 *contemplates all the INFPs she knows* That’s… sadly true. I don’t know how you guys survive.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@Dekreel Oh honey. I feel ya. I’ve been dealing with self-doubt myself over the past few months, and the conclusion I’ve basically come to is this:
You can’t be better than your best.
We look around at other people’s writing and beat ourselves up because we’re not as good or as ambitious as them, but we can’t even remedy the problem because…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Here’s the thing. I get you, really, really, really understand where you’re coming from. I’ve been in this boat ever since joining KP. It’s funny how easy it is to compare yourself to others, isn’t it? You’re so confident in yourself then one day, boom! your confidence up and walks away. So rude.Â
Like I said, self-doubt has been a struggle for…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy started the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Heya, Kapeefers. Early warning: this is kind of a deep post
I need some help… Lately I have been seriously self-doubting myself and my ability to write, and comparing myself to other writers.
I write because I love story-telling, not because I want to be published (although that would be kinda cool). I just want to write stories. And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh whoops I didn’t see that @dekreel was already going to…*shrugs*Â Can I draw her anyway?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *facedesk*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-millisong I will do her!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong YES I WANT TO DRAW EMBER! WOOHOO!
Ahem, sorry. *sheepish grin* I’d like to give it a shot 😀
Ohh, unless you want Ari to do it…
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sage-g *gasps* You are really talented. She looks great!!!!! 🙂 And thank you.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
Hello! I’m back to this wonderful pointy topic!
I finally got swords in my novel! Well….they’re practice blunts, but I got to write the word “sword” so I’m pretty happy.
But I don’t know how to teach someone to use it. Has anyone ever written a scene where your MC is taught to use a sword? Because I am rather clueless.
-
Aislinn Mollisong replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus this sounds fun! I would like to do this…but I’d probably just end up fainting and being incoherent about the awesomeness instead of actually analyzing. I do that sometimes. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Bye! Thanks for joining me!
Anyone else still here?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Changing from third person to first person in the middle of a story is not the same as changing the name of one of your characters. That means MAJOR editing work! 😀 You’ve seriously done that?
I have written from several secondary male characters POVs, but never had one as the main character yet. I’m going to have to learn how…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey I guess you could call it semi-dystopian? Or just simply futuristic?
First person or third person? Is your protagonist a boy or a girl? 😀 I like asking questions.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I hope so! 🙂 But I’m never sure.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 I wrote a book like that once. It was supposed to be a time travel story, but focusing on the different cultures of the time periods, rather than the science of time travel. The time travel element ended up taking over the book more than I intended…so it’s technically sci-fi now. 😀 But I set the contemporary parts in 202…[Read more]
- Load More


