@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic So… scary thought… I might write a children's story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking Ohh 12 years old isn’t bad! (especially if it ends up being middle grade) For some reason I was thinking the POV character was an adult.
I think it’s cute! I like the idea of her being a ‘little red riding hood’ type of character. *nods* 😀 -
NC Stokes replied to the topic So… scary thought… I might write a children's story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
First of all, thank you all for coming to the aid of a stuck Kapeefer. ;P Secondly, I feel I should give you a little bit about my story. I’m really hesitant to do this, because it’s just a bunch of ideas at this point, and not great ideas at that. But here goes… *squints eyes shut*
The MC is a 12 year old named Katie, who lives in the land of…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking Haha, yes. @dekreel has just been introduced to the awesomeness of Picard, but hasn’t seen any good episodes yet! Let’s hope she keeps going until a good one shows up, because TNG actually has some of the best episodes ever, right? BTW have you tried VOY yet?
Thanks! Making collages is my new favorite thing to do when pr…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic So… scary thought… I might write a children's story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay so I’ve never written a book, let alone a children’s one! (Even though I have a concept I’d love to be a children’s book.. but ehem)
So if it sounds like I’m spirting nonsense please disregard it and move on to the advice of other wiser kapeefers!Firstly I like what Ingrid said about kids being visual. (Though i’m not…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oh, hahaha! I didn’t know you detested pickles! I am sorry for you, that you will never know the pure joy that comes with eating a pickle whose
lumpy yet suave skin absorbs juicy tanginess
😀 😀 😀 Great poem
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking Thank you, madam. 😉
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Praying for you guys!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic So… scary thought… I might write a children's story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking I am chasing the same bunny…😂 And let me tell you it is VERY hard to catch! I recently started my own children/middle-grade story that I want to be cute, but also meaningful. But, how to go about it? I need some advice as well!
Now, my story is different from yours because it is about children…but I’ve found that writ…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *hopes no one will notice how late I’m replying* Yeah, Capt. Picard is way to nice to punch anyone. Blow up your spaceship? Sure, not no punching. 😛 Nice collage, btw.
@ingridrd Me likey!
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, I guess I have to tag someone now…
@sam-kowal Write a poem about Ninja Gypsies. @ethryndal You can still do it, too 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Ode to a Pickle?!
Um… ayyy…
Oh, little pickle, floating peacefully in that murky jar,
Your lumpy yet suave skin absorbing juicy tanginess,
Do you know your destiny?
Do you know what will become of you?
Well just so you know, I won’t have anything to do with it
Because I am NOT eating something that’s been soaking in…[Read more] -
NC Stokes started the topic So… scary thought… I might write a children's story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
To be fair, it’s more of a middle-grade book.
…
I still don’t know what to do.
*sighs and sits back in mercifully unmelted chair* So, here’s the thing, I was just chasing an innocent-looking plot bunny the other day (which is okay bc I’m on a break from my main story. Please don’t arrest me. 😛 ) and suddenly that bunny turned around and said, “…[Read more] -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@salome01w4g I just remembered that you said I could consider myself tagged. 😀 Hooray! See if you like this poem for your topic of
Boxes, Foxes, and Rocks
In the land of Gerinoxes
There are many, many boxes
And they all are filled with foxes
And they’re set on rocksOne of the great paradoxes
Is that foxes don’t like boxes
But the boxes l…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Have I ever mentioned how amazing this thread is? *wipes away yet another tear*
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Thanks! 🙂
@Ingridrd Yay! I’m glad you like it. After I finished it I realized putting her in the city might be WAY out of her character.. But I’m pleased it worked out! :]
@warrenluther04 Thankyou Sir. For those drawings I used watercolor and then a smidgen of colored pencils 🙂 Copics would be amazing to play with *heart…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young I don’t have any suggestions for names.. But I was thinking about what makes a name sound futuristic.. And now I’m really curious. 😀 I do notice that futuristic names tend to be short? And often they are like normal names but spelled in an uncommon way. I feel like there is more to it then that though. What makes a name sound…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oh my wooooorrrrd. YAS.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Here’s what I got:
Girls: Destiny, Flair, Trinity, Dyra, Krystal
Boys: Res, Penn, Axe, Gunn, Volt
Both Genders: Blue, Byrd, Nym, Rho, Digit
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree Yeah, this is my first attempt at a superhero story and it’s so much fun to write!!!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@notawriter AHHHHHH!!!! I love her! Thank you so much. And she even lives in Chicago so the city skyline is perfect. 🙂
- Load More
