@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Wow! Hello! *accepts high-five with great pride at being a night-owl*
Whatcha doin’?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Haha! And I’m not a bit ashamed! Being hooked on writing poems is not a bad thing…unless you accidentally reveal to a logical, unimaginative person this strange topic and let him read the poems, and he looks at you like you came from another planet before stalking out of the room.
(No, I didn’t do that. I don’t know anyone li…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’m still here! I’m a night owl 🙂 Hehe, and it seems I’m not the only one *high-fives fellow night-owl*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Sorry I didn’t get back when I planned. I got tied up. But I hope you’ll be a frequenter of this topic from now on!
That does sound interesting. One of the things I like best about sci-fi is when it’s well thought out and researched. In one of the Tom Swift Jr. books Tom makes a zero gravity machine by making a huge box with di…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Is Jenna yourself, or one of your OC s?
I just now saw this question… Nope, it’s an OC. Not me 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Congratulations! 😀 😀
Thanks, and hope to see you again by Monday! (that means Tuesday, in Australia, though.) 🙂
@kaya-young Cool! Glad you finally joined us here. It’s a lot of fun. I’ll be dropping out for about half an hour and then I’ll be back. If you’re still here later I’ll see you. What are you working on?
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young *blinks away tears* That’s such a beautiful song! Wow… It’s amazing. Thanks for sharing it! 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young ooh you’re right! Maybe that’s a sign that I’m too obsessed with KP forums 😛
(And this is my 800th post).
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yep, and I’m not sure if I’ll get much writing time tomorrow either. But I wish you the best of like in your writing! Especially with your his-fic!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking 😀 😀 Someone should write an argumental dialogue between a person and her (personified) Sanity. At the end Sanity decides it isn’t appreciated and leaves, and the the person can’t do anything anymore and has to beg it to come back…
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine You’d be surprised how often that happens to me… Apparently, my sanity is underappreciated. ;P
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 @sam-kowal @skredder Thank you all!
@jenwriter17 I haven’t tried anything like that, but I don’t know what is causing the problem, so I don’t know what kind of medicine would be the right thing. What kind of things do those treat?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young You’ve never been on the Writers’ Corner before???
Or did I read that wrong? 🙂 I have been known to do that…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young That’s exactly how it works. 😀 I wasn’t here when you posted, and I’m sure you left long ago, but I’m here now.
You can either just announce that you’re writing and hope someone is around to see it and join you, or you can get to know who is around at what time, or check the list of who is active on the forum and tag people to ask…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm I just watched the video.
I… I didn’t know you did this for me!! X’D BTW, it’s pronounced DEE-kreel XD (see signature)
Anyway, thanks SO much for the video! It was really good advice 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young I didn’t really see anything you did badly in the passages you have there, but I do like what @daeus said about defining your characters.
Each character should have a slightly different voice. So, whereas one person says “I don’t know,” maybe the second person doesn’t like contractions, and says “I do not know.” (I have a sister w…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. You guys make me smile X’D
@dragon-snapper *looks at un-melted chair* *looks at you* *looks back at chair* Whoa. Thanks, Snapper!
Also, when I read “He won’t let you go,” I almost cried. It’s so true. Have you heard that Switchfoot song, I Won’t Let you Go? That’s what came to mind. (Obviously HAHA)
@audrey-caylin Woww, I LOVE that m…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young The first part would flow much better if you separated the topics like this:
“You did a really good job with your prayer!”
“Thanks.”
Who wrote it again?”
“It was Teresa of Avalanna.”And obviously you can put the non-dialogue parts where you find the most fitting.
At the end of the second part, maybe occasionally tell what the ch…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks!
Thing One and Thing Two prancing through the halls with pots of blue dye meant for JJ
That is a most intriguing idea. 😀
@jenwriter17 That’s your first time? Wow. I love it! And I read it to my sister, and she loved it too. It’s hilarious. But what happened to Charlie when you fainted? 😀 😀 😀
@supermonkey42 I love the…[Read more]
- Load More
