@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Too Much?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yo, I just became an Eccentric Mentor.

-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Too Much?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 Oh gosh, I feel ya. This has happened to me several times, except it was my plot that left the characters nonexistent, not the other way around. So lessee:
First of all, are you completely positive that Evyn’s role in the story needs to change? If the entire plot hinged on her being a royal, then perhaps it would be better to…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah! We should do it sometime. Word wars are great and do really improve writing speed. And I’ve been working on building my writing speed for two years now so… 😛 Anyway, yeah, sometimes I’m not editing and your not working on the ministry website. That’s great that you’re helping with that though! 😀 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Actually, that’s a great idea since I have a huge problem with buckling down and focusing on one project. 😮 🙂
If I wasn’t working on the ministry website I would definitely take you up on that, though I would probably lose. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine XD Word wars. I know you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do that now since you’re multitasking, but by trying to top each others word counts, there’s not necessarily room for too much talking. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper And I guess it’s my place to ask: What way is that, exactly? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine LOL! Oops, sorry. XD That makes more sense now. Yep. Basically. Hey I’m on the Writers Corner. You want to chat to?
There is one way to remedy our chatting though…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, that’s not what I meant. 😀 It’s just a joking excuse that we use when we get too distracted. We always come on here with the intent and purpose of writing, but when we get distracted we’ve got to have a reasonable excuse. 🙂
Because like you said, getting distracted here is way too easy!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Ooh, multitasking. Cool. *nods*
Hey! That is a cool idea! However, because some people–oldies such as myself–still need a place to go to write, we could keep the Writers’ Corner for those writers who are writing, editing, brainstorming or whatnot, and whilst we do that we can do what we always do. Then for when we’re not writing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m just getting started updating my parents’ ministry website, and in between that (because I like working on multiple things at the same time) I’m working on my western.
We definitely get distracting here! But I’ve come up with a solution to that question, which I shared with a couple of others and they liked it: This is…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Hi!
Daeus used to come on the writers’ corners quite often. Actually, I think they were originally his idea. I was around when the first one came into existence. Every now and then, Daeus will pop on here. …
Of course, we tend to be very distracting on here too. XD
And yep, sci-fi novel. Today thought, I’m editing the first…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hi! I’m here.
This may sound funny, but I’m wondering why you tagged Daeus? I’ve never seen him on Writers’ Corner. 🙂 (To be fair, I’ve not been on KP for all that long, though.)
Are you working on your sci-fi novel again?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @dekreel @daeus Anyone on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Okay, let’s see… 😀
I completely understand about trauma issues with adopted kids, obviously, since we’ve adopted so many. My parents run a ministry counseling adoptive parents, and have written over 40 books on parenting and adoption, so what I’m saying is mostly what I’ve heard them repeat over and over. (I hope I get it right! :)…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I don’t completely disagree with you on what you said about birth parents, but I do want to clarify something. When I read what you said I took it as you saying that once a kid is adopted it becomes as though they were never part of the other family, and they should be completely closed off from them.
I think that the kid will…[Read more]
-
Elizabeth started the topic Too Much?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hi, everyone!
So some of you might know a little about my WIP, Allora, and the struggles I’ve had with it over the past few months as I’ve tried to get a grip on the characters, world, and plot. Allora has given me nothing but problems since the idea came to be, but this most recent bout…ugh. Lemme explain.
The first thing you need to know is…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ingridrd, oh look, our MC has a name and gender.
I imagined him as a guy, except for when I read it aloud. but that’s probably because I heard my voice
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, We’re having our missions conferance so I won’t be able to write, or be online much, until Monday
-
Ingrid and
The fledgling Artist are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper AAAHHHHGG THAT’S BRANT ALRIGHT!!!!!!! *squeals and jumps up and down* I love it!! Thank you so much! He really looks like he’s about to poke someone with a stick. XP
- Load More
