@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m back now too! 🙂 I skipped out for a while to get ready for bed…and to get another “wee hours of the morning” snack.
Oh, good. Yeah, I have a first draft of my novel with a whole long scene where an antagonist and someone he’s mad at quote The Princess Bride at each other, which I put in as a joke and always planned to ta…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Ooh! Those sound interesting!
Have you ever heard of or seen the movie The Insanity of God? Your post reminded me of it. I would recommend it! but I don’t think it’s out yet… It’s about a couple of missionaries spreading the Gospel in the African Muslin country of Somalia. It’s really exciting and tugs your heart. 8 out of 10.
Note:…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Too Much?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *gives you a heaping box of sympathy with extra raspberries on top* This has happened to me before. Characters switching roles, and personalities(!), plot devices that were central to the story here one day and gone the next. *muffled gasps* It’s enough to drive you insane.
Something that really helps me is to find one little…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes and
Rochellaine are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
NC Stokes replied to the topic Would You Rather Character Edition in the forum Characters 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Hmm… *insert a moment of thinking*
In Caroline’s world, trolls are gentle if not a little slow, so being kidnapped by one is much preferable to being kidnapped by a human. You could bargain your freedom with food! 😀
But in Katie’s world, there are no trolls, so she would probably prefer to be kidnapped by humans, since she knows…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel
Hi Dekreel,
This is really hard for me to write, because I don’t want you to get the impression that I’m upset with you in any way. Just that I need to explain something to you to keep my conscience clean before God.
I don’t know how much you’ve read of what I’ve been saying around the forum, because I purposefully did not criticize on…[Read more]-
@rochellaine I never tried to say you were an EVIL overlord! Just that the troll was a henchman!
I understand. I knew nothing about the etymology of “troll,” so I am very sorry. I didn’t know you had such strong feelings against them! The reason I added a “troll-thing” was because of Snapper’s LOKD. She coined them as cliched henchmen.
I’ll see…[Read more]
-
Oh, well, you actually did have Jane call me specifically an “Evil Overlord.” If you reread it you’ll see that. It was a joke, but since the whole thing is a joke, it’s not that obvious, and I don’t like being called evil even in a joke, sorry. 🙂 Do you think you could ask Ben to take out that one word from when he puts it on the KP lit site?…[Read more]
-
@rochellaine I DID? Oh, wow. I am SO sorry! I wasn’t trying to say YOU were evil… Oh I don’t know… I’m sorry!! Yes, I’ll ask Ben 🙁
Gotcha. I’ll see what I can do. 😉
So I’ve noticed. I’ll try to keep her away from trolls, too.
Well, you didn’t know you were going to be paired up with a troll in the first place, I guess
-
-
-
-
Joy replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 I post new parts every Tuesday and Saturday 🙂 Oh, and it’s Trapperton.
It’s awesome. Believe me. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Enjoy the schoolwork! I may go to bed, or I may still be up. Tag me when you come back, and if I’m awake I’ll answer. 🙂
Lose oars and run over waterfall.
See you later…tonight or tomorrow!
Oh, and I’m commenting on your story, but if you do cut out the words I’m suggesting please keep the original draft, because I’m afraid t…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
My computer is about to run out of battery and I have some schoolwork to do, but I should be back in an hour or so. If you want to go to bed though, by all means do.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
He has some very funny ones. Mulga Bill’s Bicycle is about a fellow attempting to ride a bicycle and ending up in the creek. The Geebung Polo Club is about a bush polo club and posh polo club in a tournament. He’s best known for The Man From Snowy River, though, which is a really awesome piece of Australian literature.
I’ll be…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I adore comical poems! *writes down “Banjo Patterson, poet” in random Word document*
Having things fall on you made me think first of “Ding dong! The Witch is dead!” 😀 but I think having a house fall on you would be so rare as to not count for this discussion.
Therefore I will put forth as my accident: Wild animal s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Banjo Patterson is a very good poet, usually his stuff is much less serious though. He tends to be more comical.
Uh…that’s unfortunate.
Improper protection when unloading a ship/truck/train. Getting whacked by something or having it fall on you.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, I will have to read that poem…but sometime when I get my strength back. Three strikes in one night might knock me out. 🙂
An earthquake opens up a crack in the ground and someone falls in.
Boy, am I going to have nightmares tonight! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Thanks! I’ve found a few places to shorten, mostly just phrases here and there, but hopefully if there’s enough it’ll cut it down a bit.
Banjo Patterson, who was an Aussie poet, wrote a poem once about a father who gets caught in a flood with his baby son. They only have one horse who will swim through the water, so the father ties…[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira @rochellaine Okay. 🙂
@dekreel Thanks!!! *wags tail ecstatically* 😀 😀 😀
*pants happily and wags tail*
Thank you so much! Umm, probably sometime within the next week…I’m about half a page in so far. 🙂
*nods and wags tail* *blinks* Yup. Speaking of which… when are you posting the next part of Jenna Trapperton? (Tapperton?…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice This time I’m not going to wake my sisters up with my laughter, but with my sniffing. 🙁 I just finished the quick reread so now I’ll go back through and try to find ways to shorten portions of it. I don’t know that I’ll be able to, though.
In the heat of the summer a wild forest fire breaks out and a camper is caught inside…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Wow, you have been stalking the forums for a while. It was ages ago I last posted this story. I strike again! I love making people cry 🙂
Okay! Hitting their head, falling into a river and drowning.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Okay, if you’re sure…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yes, it works. But the story’s so perfect I don’t want to cut it down at all! I’m afraid to get to the end, because I remember it and know I’m going to cry.
…falling off cliffs, for one? 😀 Want to play a game? With each post we have to think of a new way someone can die accidentally. The person who can’t think of another one…[Read more]
- Load More
