@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@julia-r Oh, yes please! Brant would be so almost not annoyed to have his picture done again! (that’s the Brant equivalent of happy ;P)
*high five* I love Calvin and Hobbes! And I really enjoy the Disney cartoon style (that’s mostly what I draw myself).
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I was raised in a Christian home, and I always knew God existed, but I can point to one moment when my relationship with Him became personal, and I trusted in Him for salvation. Now, if I were to write my testimony out in full, I would focus more on what God did after He saved me, because the story didn’t stop there. Like @rochellaine…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Tag fail. @rochellaine
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @rochellaine I may not be on here much the next few days because of spring break and traveling to Florida so I’m sorry if I do not respond right away! That being said, I have TONS of school to get done today before we leave tomorrow so I probably cannot write at all today… 🙁
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young 😀 I did think that was what you probably meant, so that’s why after clarifying I put the other stuff in about writing “how” you know instead of “when” you knew. 🙂 I do believe that the “when” isn’t all that important, but people usually emphasize it because it often corresponds with the “how,” right?
-
Elizabeth replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ooh, I love this idea!
I write in science-fiction, dystopian, and fantasy. Sometimes all at once. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ll probably be here around 2:00 or 3:00 (your time. 🙂 )
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I also grew up in a Christian home, but I am wondering about your wording a little bit. 🙂 I would say I’ve always believed in Christ, rather than always known Him. Because just knowing about him and believing it’s true isn’t enough to get to heaven. The Bible says that even the demons believe. We can’t inherit Christ from our p…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Yay thanks for tagging me! *Grins* I now await the next installment. 😉
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic What do I write? in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young I grew up in a christian home with very christian parents and I don’t think I could look back to a time in my life from before I knew about God and his love for us. To me a testimony is like telling people your story.. And so my advice is to just be honest? If you can’t tell people about when you first met Jesus you can talk about what…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 8 years, 6 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Gotcha. Well hey, film-making is technically writing, too, right? XD
And as long as I’m here I shall lay out a bunch of my favorite movies…
- Inside Out
- Finding Dory
- Home (animated film)
- The Cat Returns
- Big Hero 6
- Zootopia
- Despicable Me
- LEGO Movie
- LEGO Batman Movie
- Peanuts Movie
- Rio, and the sequel
- Kung…
-
Snapper replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Awesome! I love genres. I write science fiction. Right now, my WIP trilogy is a kind of dystopian world + some space but not very extended space – aliens (no aliens) + big government + cool technology.
So yeah. Whatever that is called. 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic What genre do you write in? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ashlyvye Good topic idea!
Let’s see… I don’t know what genre I write in… I have a novella that’s science-fiction/fantasy, but other than that I have a huge mix of other things 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk You mean when Rochellaine claims to have made me disappear? Here it is 🙂
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can you edit something on part 9 on the KPA for me?
The part where Jane says: “It seems you are an Evil Overlord.” Could you take off the word “evil?” Rochellaine and I had a small dispute… Thanks 🙂
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04, yay. I love this. I can’t wait for my character to come in!!!
Um, my (character of course) name is Bethany, but I’d rather most people didn’t know that. I might tell a close friend, but prefer to be known as File Writer. ☺
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I agree with you completely. There is no such thing as “Good Magic”. There is only the power of God. All sorcery comes from the devil. Although, I would be fine if my character befriended an elf, I don’t think I would really like it if magic is involved. No offence to anybody who likes that kind of thing. Some magic I don’t mind. For…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel OH! *sigh* Everyone should keep a Dekreel about, to get them out of a mess. *pats your head*
It is Aspen. We wolves are somewhat forgetful.
@warrenluther04 Change that to Aspen, will you? Sorry for the confusion…! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice “Normal” for my family is different than for most families. 🙂 The little kids go to bed when we tell them to, but the older kids stay up until we’re tired, as long as we get up in time to finish what school we’re supposed to do before lunch the next day. And my schedule is even more different because I’m not homeschooled anymore, s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m beginning to question how you function like a normal human being, what with all this work you do in the wee hours of the morning!
I imagine a scene like that would have played out much like a KeePeeFer gif war.
- Load More

Sure! Will do.
Thank you! But please don’t think I was upset at Dekreel as she seems to imply. 🙂 There was no dispute between us that I can recall. Just a request and an explanation.
You’re good. I understand. 🙂
Ah, @dekreel if you call it a dispute, they’ll think we were upset! And I’m not at all. 🙂 We just had a “clarification.”
@rochellaine Yes, I suppose that’s a better word… I was trying to think of a word in between “clarification” and “argument,” but I failed XD