@catwing
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 2557
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter I think @dragon-snapper really nailed it. Â My head was nodding up and down like a hammer as I read her post.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter I agree with @skredder and @dragon-snapper about sounding boards. 🙂 Once I was brainstorming for a part of a book that I really didn’t want to write, but had to you know, because that was part of the story, but since I didn’t want to write it I couldn’t think of anything to write. So I sat down with one of my sisters and told her t…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@mnvalentine Ooh I didn’t even think about making a map.. That sounds hard though!
Hmm Maybe my plot elements would become clearer if my characters motivations were more defined. -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Whoa thankyou! I never knew you were such a wise dragon. *ponders your words*
Ill know who to ask if I run into any more problems! At this point I think I know what I need to do.. So I wont really have any more questions until I try. (and probably fail if we’re all being honest.) 😉@ariel-ashira Oh no, don’t worry. You haven’t a…[Read more]
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing You have been posting stories and I didn’t know about it??? Â
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter A lot of my best ideas come at unusual places. Â Like at night in bed, while singing, or while researching. Â Then at my writing times I will collect those ideas and build on them. Â I hardly ever think of new ideas for my story when I sit down to write. Â That time is just when I write out an expand on what I have been thinking about. Â A…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Well, I begin by doing it in my head, then I start to write down those ideas all at once. Usually, it’s a big jumble of scenes, and I organize them later.
Oh goodness, all the time. I made the mistake a year ago by writing a trilogy without planning the whole thing out first. So a few months ago, I had two finished books, and…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hmm.. So its almost like what Skredder said, only you kind of do it in your head? Interesting!
Do you ever get to a point where you’ve asked a question and you can’t figure out the answer though? Or what if you have two different answers that you have to choose between? -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel. LOVE IT!  😀 The dialog was fantastic!  Your stories never fail to awe me (along with my regular laughing, screaming, and pounding on the table during my favorite parts which pretty much happen to be the whole thing).  What is Aethasia?
-
Snapper replied to the topic New Topic: Is this okay? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I like the questions you brought up in this piece. About Ruth’s character. What might be in the shed, and what it was doing in there in the first place?
And what would happen to David? 😀
Definitely keep it up! -
Snapper replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter Usually, I brainstorm just by building off that idea. Asking questions in my mind. Adding characters to a concept. Actually, most of it is imagining it as a movie, and what kind of plot twists build off of it. 😛
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder @seekjustice @daughteroftheking (Ill be praying for your other foot!)
Thanks so much!
I don’t know why i’m always so nervous to post. You guys are so sweet. 🙂 -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@skredder Wow it seems so simple but I never thought of doing that! I might just try that! Thanks!
Also forgive my ignorance … But what might a sounding board be? 🙂 -
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Finally…some of my artwork! in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
Thank you, @catwing !
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Finally…some of my artwork! in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@dekreel Thank you! Â A please do tag me! Â Your stuff is always awesome!
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Finally…some of my artwork! in the forum Art 8 years, 6 months ago
@sam-kowal 😀 My goodness, how do you come up with stuff like that?!!  How awesome!  A marshmallow man?  You are so funny!
-
Ingrid posted an update 8 years, 6 months ago
I know, I should have posted this at the beginning of the week but since I left for Florida I forgot. I want to apologize for not responding if you tagged me!!!! I haven’t been online a lot so…
Anyway, see you guys when I get back! -
WarrenLuther04 and
Ingrid are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
The fledgling Artist started the topic Filling in the gaps? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone have any general advice about brainstorming? I often get random ideas and will write them down. And the result is SUPER slow world building/plot/characters. Its happening, but super slow!
And I realized why. Because what I do isn’t brainstorming it’s inspiration.
So my question(s) How do you sit down and make yourself figure stuff out,…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing ooh well you’re in for a treat! It starts out a little slow.. And I was highly skeptical of the whole ‘pick the plot’ thing.. But James Riley knows his stuff. 😉 It gets sooo good! *giggles*
AAGH! I cannot STAND FOWEN! He made me SO ANGRY at the climax of Hidden chapters! *cries* He hurt my baby!! *cradles Owen* - Load More
