-
Katherine replied to the topic (Fantasy) Beta readers wanted for my first chapters of WIPS! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 8 months ago
@scripter-of-kingdoms Hi!!!!! I’d love to beta read for you!!!!!!! I’m not the best at critiquing but I do love encouraging others in their writing. If it’s alright, I would like to get to know you better before I give you my email and all. 🙂
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
*tips fedora*
Thanks for the tips!! I’m still finding new tools in Canva, and literally had no idea the filters option existed until now XD I’ll totally try experimenting with some new things though!
-
Kads replied to the topic Reading Suggestions in the forum Book Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j I’m going to recommend a few of my fave books, but as I’m quite a bit younger than most of you guys the titles and content will prob be different 😅
What We Found In The Sofa and How It Saved The World by Henry Clark is probably my favourite book of all time, and that’s saying a lot. I have, like, a gazillion books. Even though it’s a…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
@gracie-j No, it’s fine! I currently only have one character to draw, so y’alls can fill me back up with requests, lol!
@godlyfantasy12 Ok, thanks for the references! I feel kinda bad I wasn’t able to get him fully right 😅 When I draw boys of that character type I normally (if unwittingly) play up the innocent, cute-ish aspect of them. But…[Read more]
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character/Book Aesthetics in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Dang, EVERYONE HAS SUCH AMAZING COLLAGES AROUND HERE!
*ahem*
*
Casually takes notes in the corner*Â *Sips on coffee and totally isn’t giving herself on a lecture on how to improve her own collages*Keep it up, you guys! *two thumbs up*
-
Alexa Autorski replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Oh, this was amazingly helpful!!! Thanks x 1,000!!! I will DEFINITELY try to keep practicing, and hopefully I’ll someday get as good as you are!! Practice is something that’s a little hard for me (because I can be… *cough* *cough* impatient *cough* *cough*, but I’ll totally try motivating myself.
And yeah, people is what I…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Where do you find motivation? in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
Ooooh, YES!! I LOVE this one!!! It’s the quote that inspired my favorite author to write my favorite book of all time!!! <33 🙂
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Okay, Nina’s done! Sorry for the wait there. I hope you like it! If you don’t, let me know and I can change anything you don’t like.
I gave her kind of a grungy bomber jacket, and thought she might wear long cargo pants too (but didn’t picture them) and scruffy short boots.

-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Thank you!!! I loved drawing her, although it took several drafts! XD
Yes! I’ll give you a few tips. I’m so happy to hear you want to start the drawing journey!!!
1. Practice. Drawing is as much a hobby as anything else, the only way you will get good at it is by devoting time and effort to it! I’ve been drawing for five years,…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
@e-k-seaver I use Copic markers! They’re arguably the best marker out there, lol. Nope, my propic is one of my MC’s, Marge. 🙂
@godlyfantasy12 Oh, ok, lol. I *kind of* based him off of one of my own guy characters for the hair, haha. I really liked shading it for some reason. XD Ok, when I start the headings please do tell me what you think he…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic WIP Chat! in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 8 months ago
*gasp* THERE’s A HOBBIT DEVOTIONAL?????!!!!!!!!! How did I not know about this!!! IÂ need that book!!!
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
…
YOUR BOY NOVEMBER IS DONEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, first of all, I have to say how much I liked drawing him. I had a clear picture of him in my head from the start and was able to draw him in one try (whereas the other ones I’ve been doing have taken me 5-6-7 tries to get right XD). Secondly, I really love the character type…[Read more]
-
Kads replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Aaaaa, thank you <333 Caira was very fun to draw ^-^ I’m so glad you guys are liking my artwork!!!
-
Kads replied to the topic (Fantasy) Beta readers wanted for my first chapters of WIPS! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 8 months ago
@abigail-m Lol, yeah. I have grammar checked my story quite a few times (I’m a grammar stickler myself) but it couldn’t hurt to have someone else check it!
*side note: my first book is about 25 pages long so far (and counting) so if you feel like that’s too long you don’t have to do it. XD
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Girl, it is TOTALLY good!!!! If you saw half of the things I drew, you’d know I am right on this one!!!! Haha, yeah, I can see now why you think he looks kind of asian. Hey, maybe I’ll make him asian. And I actually really like the idea of freckles!!!! I’m thinking about now giving him some!!! Anyway I LOVE IT SOOOO MUCH!!!! It’s…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
IT’S HERE!!!!!!!! *dances* AAAHH OH MY GOODNESS I ADORE IT SOOO MUCH!!!!! *heart eyes* You’re VERY TALENTED, GIRL!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! Can I share it on my blog? All my readers have just GOT to see this!!!!! *gets super excited* Again, a MILLION THANK YOUS for doing this!!!!!!!! <33
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
AAAAHHH!!!!!Â
Yes, I know I’m a li’l lateYou’re drawing of writerlexi12’s character is FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!! <33 -
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Yep!!
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Face shape: Probably more oval
Hairstyle (I’m assuming this might be more like hair texture, ’cause Keenum doesn’t have a specific style): Thick and a little long for a dude.
Eye shape: Does deep set work?
Expression: Serious
I hope this works!!!! I had honestly never thought about most of these details so it was fun challenging…[Read more]
-
Issabelle Perry replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 5 years, 8 months ago
Well, let’s go with Prince Keenum. Soooo *mind blanks out at this point* Why is it soo hard for me to talk about my characters? XD Well, he’s probably tall with brown hair and brown eyes. A very kind and thoughtful person. He’s the prince of a country that was overthrown. Is there something specific you need?
- Load More
