-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dekreel @hope @anyone else… Just letting you guys know that I change my name and profile picture, so if you can’t find Dragon Snapper, that’s where I am. XD 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal Sweet! 😀 I should be on for another 20 minutes or so…
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m here. Starting a new novella/novel tonight.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl
Character likability runs along a few different lines, and three of them are:
Proactivity
and
Likability in the story
and
DisabilityIf a character’s proactive, and strives to accomplish his or her’s goals, they’re going to be mor elikable. If other characters in the story like them (which it sounds like might be part of your…[Read more]
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 8 years, 7 months ago
-
LivGiordano replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing Hmm. I could say a ton about this.
Like everyone else has said, yes, MKs are not all the same, stereotypes of either really good kids, or teens who don’t want to be there.
They can be just as normal as regular kids.
One thing I do notice, is that in general, it can be pretty hard to fit in. Living and knowing another culture very well,…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 7 months ago
@waterlily Your description of the horse made me think of the word “majesty” because he’s big, but refined. So I looked up words in several languages that meant “majesty,” and here’s what I came up with. 😀 See if you like any of them:
Moheem
Nui
Majiraan
Paduka -
Skredder replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl It really depends on the individual character for me. I’ve read some stories where I didn’t like the protagonist in the beginning, but they did grow and felt true remorse over what they did and tried to fix it. Those I liked. There were other books where I didn’t like the protagonist in the beginning and I never finished the book…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@alia I’m so sorry! 🙁
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, yeah, it still didnt work. I am mentally screaming right now. but I have to do some school so I’ll have to write it again later
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@alia When I lose my posts I usually click the “back” arrow for the previous screen and sometimes can find them. Have you tried that?
-
Alia replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing, so, I wrote a very long answer, only to have it disappear and KP log me out. I don’t have time to rewrite it right now, but I will try to get it to you.
@rochellaine, I agree with both of your posts
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine Distinctive artwork, that stands out and also connects with the story. always seems to make a great cover to me. Covers that sort of seem generic and rely on a lot of explosions/shiny lines to get your attention don’t seem memorable, for example:
The cover is cool, but not memorable. (An awesome book,…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Why do you write? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I write for two reasons. 1) Because I believe the Lord can work through words and that the words we speak and write have power. 2) I write because I have to. What else would I do with all these insane, lovely ideas swirling around in this head of mine? Not that ideas are a burden buuut…*glares at all my WIP…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I have two favorite types of covers, and they’re for two different types of books.
For realistic contemporary or historical fiction, I like a cover that’s simple, has one picture that doesn’t have a lot of mystery, but just is a plain eye-catching photograph or artwork, and then the title of the book in large print across the top. …[Read more]
-
WarrenLuther04's profile was updated 8 years, 7 months ago
-
WarrenLuther04 and
Ariella Newheart are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
Yessss! It’s finally here. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. My post still won’t show up. I’ll try one more time and leave out the tags so people won’t keep getting emails…
Sarah; As several of us have stated above, we do agree that the absolute horror and anger fiction MKs express at the fact that they are MKs is semi-unrealistic and extremely annoying to read about in fiction. However, yo…[Read more]
- Load More

@dragon-snapper
Whoa. Mixed emotions. This is different
5% of me is going: “Cool!”
Another 5% of me: “OMIWORD I KNOW HER NAME!”
90% of me: “NoOoOoOoOO, I liked your dragon self! CHANGE BACK!!” *starts crying*
XD I’m keeping my name up, but you two win. I’m a dragon again. 😛 @sam-kowal @dekreel (I think I like it better too. LOL) I can’t change my profile picture without a revolt, can I?
I actually did not mean to sound that heartbroken XD I was moody when I wrote that. But fair enough XD
@dragon-snapper
@dekreel XD Don’t worry about it. On here, I’m a dragon. It must stay that way forever. AND EVER!