-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 More for metric pattern, but either one.
-
Daeus started the topic Song for my book in the forum Poetry Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi KeePers,
Any of you who write structured poetry, I could use a bit of help with a poem I’ve written. This is for the fantasy novel I’m writing and essentially recounts the first events of the world.
My problem is that I know a few spots have clunky meter. I generally have a good ear for meter and maybe I could fix this by myself, but…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
I think it’s all right since you are planning for your protagonist to have character development and a character arc. That your protagonist may not be very likable at the start may in fact be a good thing (because it’s terribly boring to read about impossibly perfect human beings who can do no wrong).
I think most readers can…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Unlikable Protagonist? in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@introvert_girl Sam really said it already, but you can also add a backstory to show why the character acts the way they do. The overall tone of the story will help too. I think though that the most important thing is proactivity, like Sam said.
-
valtmy replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Perhaps this is just me but I dislike covers that illustrate and give readers a clear idea of how the characters look (I want to be able to use my imagination and if I don’t think that the “beautiful heroine” or “handsome hero” shown on the cover is beautiful or handsome, that puts a damper on the whole reading…[Read more]
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99Â KP-versary! Congrats!
Many hugs to my fellow Whovian 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic My *gag* Children's Books in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@catwing I could always use more advice 😀
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Okay, signing out, cyberspace.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper
Stan: *takes melted chair with utmost glee*Me: Okay, good. I should have known some can change forms
Wow! That’s a lot. I needa write faster. 😀 😛 Thanks! It’s off to a pretty okay start
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *is honored that you think me a hero in dragondom*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
To Stan: No, I’m still a dragon. I can still melt chairs. This is just the human me. Worry not, Stan. We’re still dragon friends. *offers you a melted chair*
To Sam: 😛 (XD Still a dragon. Once a dragon, always a dragon.) I wrote 1144, so I’m signing out now. 🙂 Good luck on your new book!
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Stan: “One of my greatest heroes in dragondom, whom I’ve looked up to for months now, is actually not a dragon!?”
Me: *sigh*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *nods* XD
Turns to Stan: Why aren’t you talking to Sam? I thought you two were best buds?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀 Thanks. *Stan gulps down medicine*
I’m not really sure. It’s just… he’s not talking to me tonight.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic One of my MCs is a MK in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@livgiordano I really like what you said about a different culture really meaning a different culture. My dad was born and raised a Muslim, and his family are all still Muslims, (he’s the only Christian in his family,) and their culture is Middle Eastern, though they live here in the US. But my mom was raised a Christian American, and her fa…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@sam-kowal *hands Stan cough medicine* Why, what’s wrong with him?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Year Ago… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 maybe we could just pick a date. say, idk, *slaps calendar in random spot* May 20th or something. We could make a special topic for that day, everyone can share what they love about KP, how they found it, etc. and if anyone has a KP shirt, they must wear it that day 🙂 maybe we could write short stories or poems to celebrate…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 🙂 Ok
Stan is just over here having a coughing fit… *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough*
- Load More
