-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I love simplistic covers, like this one:

This is the cover for the edition that I own, and I really like how simple it is, but how pretty.
@sam-kowal this was the cover for the edition of Steelheart I read, and I think it’s super cool

This one is nice too, simplistic, but mysterious and reflecting the feel of the book:

And…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Make sense! It is kind of tricky. I like haikus because they’re fun and fairly easy to compose.
Ummm… Sometimes I might glance through Snapper’s LOKD, but otherwise I just go by what I know, and what other Kapeefers tell me about themselves. It’s pretty easy X)
Have you ever heard of the ship Logos Hope?
-
Joy replied to the topic Best Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@mnvalentine I like the cover for Catcher in the Rye 🙂

-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999Â Hi!! I’m writing the KPA again
Oooh, I love haikus! Have a collection of them myself. Had you ever written haikus before?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine @supermonkey42 @aislinn-mollisong @dragon-snapper @catwing @winter-rose @jenwriter17 @warrenluther04 @anyone
I’m writing!
*crosses fingers* I’d better make progress…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before unknown men.
Proverbs 22:29
I read that Proverb in my quiet time this morning and it really stuck out to me :D. Those who are skilled, work hard and diligently will stand before kings…that’s pretty amazing, though I don’t think it always…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I’m so sorry that you have to go through this! it’s happened to me before, and it’s horrible. I have to say though, I tend to have the opposite problem…I compare everyone else’s writing/whatever it is to my own and I get really arrogant. So…we all have our flaws.
But seriously, God made you to love writing! he maybe didn’t make you…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow. Guys, I am literally tearing up X’)
God doesn’t make mistakes.
So true. It’s easy to take for granted how we’re all masterpieces. Thank you for the reminder!
As I was reading your reply, I started praying “Thy will be done.” I shouldn’t expect myself to be something. Who says God will make everything “r…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel First of all *Bear hugs*Â -oh wait maybe I should have given you a wolf hug.. uh anyway
I just want to echo what everyone els has said and tell you you aren’t alone.
Even before I joined kp I’ve compared myself (a lot) to people who I perceive to be better then me. Writing is no exception. I compare myself to my older sister who is the [Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel God’s writing a story right here, right now.
When I’ve doubted and struggled (which happens all the time), the only where I can turn is to my favorite (and, tbh, sometimes least favorite) author and say, “I trust you to write this story till its final, marvelous end.”
Now that I’ve done the popular thing and given the best advice I can…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Joy started the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Heya, Kapeefers. Early warning: this is kind of a deep post
I need some help… Lately I have been seriously self-doubting myself and my ability to write, and comparing myself to other writers.
I write because I love story-telling, not because I want to be published (although that would be kinda cool). I just want to write stories. And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh whoops I didn’t see that @dekreel was already going to…*shrugs*Â Can I draw her anyway?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong *facedesk*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-millisong I will do her!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong YES I WANT TO DRAW EMBER! WOOHOO!
Ahem, sorry. *sheepish grin* I’d like to give it a shot 😀
Ohh, unless you want Ari to do it…
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sage-g *gasps* You are really talented. She looks great!!!!! 🙂 And thank you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel This topic is two years old, back when Sarah was still with us.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
- Load More


