-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine All right I am here!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Definitely praying! It’s good to know that its nothing too serious though 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic I need help with… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm Cool!
I need help with
~creating enough engaging conflict in my stories
~writing about characters of the opposite gender
~not letting my writer mind drift to cliche plots and characters (this happens to me a lot)
thank youuuuuuu!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Oh, I’m sorry! I’ll be praying. Glad it’s not too serious.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
I guess this is where we post prayer requests? correct me if I’m wrong……
So I wanted to request prayer for my mom. She’s been dealing with some random little problems lately (like pains in several area, etc.) and she actually went to the doctor today about a soft bump on her lower ribcage. the doctor said it’s a fatty tumor. not serious, but…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice I’ll be on and off here for a little while, depending on what my family’s doing. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hey everyone! Just a head’s up that I’ll be around in about half an hour to do some editing. Anyone want to join me? @jane-maree @dragon-snapper @jenwriter17 @epicaddie2 @dekreel @rochellaine
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Any Advice on an Ever-Evolving Theme? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal This a tough one. I remember my themes changing constantly when I first began writing, because I didn’t have much idea of theme.
XD I wish I could tell you how I worked it out, but I got rid of all those stories cause they were awful.
Like Daeus said, all those themes seem related to one another, so you choose to broaden them and make…[Read more]
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Arg .. @ariella-newheart xD
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Here’s Amber. 🙂
And you too @ingridrd 😀 Here’s Keegan (is that how you spell it?)
Btw
@ariella-newhear I really like your drawing! You seem to have a really good understanding of values. 😀@dekreel I love how warm all the colors you used feel! <3
-
Daeus replied to the topic Any Advice on an Ever-Evolving Theme? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Well, I’m not totally sure. 😛
I can try to help though.
First of all, those themes do seem very interconnected and I believe they can all coexist at once. Humans are depraved so when they ask what gives them worth their fallen nature says it is their strength. In the search for strength, they become racist. I could see this all…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic I need help with… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm Hmm…Okay.
- I need help with writing in longer stints than five minutes.
- I need help with using less dialogue to explain a scene.
- I need help with being confident that I am glorify God in my writing (at least to the best of my current ability).
- I need help with figuring out when in the day I write best.
Thanks! 😀
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite I’m so very glad to hear it. 💜
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Of course, I’ll pray for you and your family. I hope God guides you on this path as you go 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@pickupyourpenandwrite I just saw your post from a little while ago and I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family. I cannot even imagine what that must be like for you. I posted this before but here is a little story that I love. It’s really encouraging to me and I hope it is for you.
One night a man had a dream. He…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic I need help with… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm You’re back!! Where have you been?! X)
Let’s see…
- I need help making my characters and character arcs more realistic and deep
- I need help making meaningful themes and symbols
- I need help with the show-don’t-tell concept
- I especially need help with self-doubt, and putting my identity in Christ instead of my work
- I need…
-
Daeus replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy I know this uncertainty. You can be sure that you’ll be in my prayers.
-
Snapper and
Reagan Ramm are now friends 8 years, 7 months ago -
valtmy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
Hmm… What I can think of that might help you get yourself more into writing descriptions is to describe things in your POV character’s voice (unless you’re writing in omniscient) so that it shows character as well.
Avoid boring and cliche descriptions and make those sentences just as snappy and quotable as your dialogue. Use…[Read more]
- Load More
