-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Isn’t it?
Goodbye! *Vulcan salutes* #LLAP
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart I love weird families XD
Have you seen just like a general picture of Leonard Nimoy? Look one up. Early warning: It’s really freaky 0.o
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel  @jenwriter17  @notawriter @daeus Ok, so here goes… I honestly am not sure what exactly is wrong with my dialogue, it just seems off. Without further hesitation, I present to you some of my conversations:
“You did a really good job with your prayer! Who wrote it again? Daisy paused, her hand hovering over a box of tea boasting a choc…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
*characters
-
Daeus replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young A piece from your writing would be helpful. Also, I’ve found that when character’s aren’t coming across well, it’s because I don’t have a consistent mental image of them. The different mental images make them act like ten people mixed into one which ends up as chaos.
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Ahh, okay. Wow, I guess this idea did work! I was growing quite unconfident about it
How’s your book coming? (Dystopian, right?)
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel I’ll admit it’s not as frequented as the Writers’ Corner, but I think I’ve chatted with some others reading at the same time in the past.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart Yeah, I can’t do it either. Wait, is it humanly possible?! I suppose so — I’ve seen Leonard Nimoy do it, whoever he is…
Can you do the salute? I can, but I know several people who can’t
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart I have never seen Enterprise, so I wouldn’t know the episode names XD
But yeah… I don’t like it either. I don’t intend to watch it anytime soon
Have you seen TOS?
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I’m the same way XD
Is this… the first time that a Readers’ Corner meeting actually worked?
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young
It’s difficult to give advice without knowing what in particular you are struggling with.. But here’s a couple thoughts.Firstly- Make sure all your dialogue serves a purpose! Everything your characters say is communicating something to the reader. Like, giving a deeper understanding of the characters! 🙂 If they are just talking for…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Yeah, it can be kinda hard for me too for certain subjects to stick. if their in story form, then I really connect (I’m a fiction writer after all, i love stories 🙂 )
-
Joy replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â So… What time will the discussion be? Is there going to be a set time?
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Ahhh, church history… That stuff doesn’t stick to my brain. I don’t know about you XD *pats head (mane?) back*
-
Skredder replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@epicaddie2 I’m praying for you! And Happy Early Birthday!! 😀
@daughteroftheking Of course, I’m praying for you!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young @dekreel @notawriter @skredder *squeals into pillow* This is pretty exciting!
*draws sword and points ahead* Tomorrow we read Ruth chapter 1, fellow readers!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel ooh……..chemistry………*pats your head sympathetically*
I’m reading a church history book for school.
-
Skredder replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 Yes! This sounds great!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Dekreel has good advice (and yes we’d love to see some of your dialogue! i love snippets…). I think my advice would be to observe how people talk. Observation is a great thing for writers. Just write the dialogue how people talk. Also, it might be helpful (yet I know how much some writers hate doing this) to take a piece of the…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Yep! Trying to make sense of this chemistry book… *squints at periodic table*
- Load More
