-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young Sorry I didn’t get back when I planned. I got tied up. But I hope you’ll be a frequenter of this topic from now on!
That does sound interesting. One of the things I like best about sci-fi is when it’s well thought out and researched. In one of the Tom Swift Jr. books Tom makes a zero gravity machine by making a huge box with di…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Is Jenna yourself, or one of your OC s?
I just now saw this question… Nope, it’s an OC. Not me 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well I must bid you all adieu. I hope the rest of your writing goes well! Good night!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine wow, thank you! I’m glad your sister liked it too. 🙂 (I may be hooked on writing poems now. Rochellaine, what have you done to me?)
I dunno maybe Charlie just rocked the dance floor with the octopi 😉 🙂
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine  Well… The other day I was reading about electric fields, and I thought “what if I could use that in my WIP?” So I googled what would happen if we had a much stronger magnetic field, and something said that we could fly. I really don’t think that was based on scientific evidence, but it gave me a story idea: what if there was a w…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking well, the helichrysum oil actually helps to build tissue (but I’m not sure exactly what kind of problem you’re having). The comfrey salve just heals things generally. But you can’t apply it to an open wound or a surgery wound. I think it helps with broken bones too. my brother used it on his broke toe. But if you’re going to…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Congratulations! 😀 😀
Thanks, and hope to see you again by Monday! (that means Tuesday, in Australia, though.) 🙂
@kaya-young Cool! Glad you finally joined us here. It’s a lot of fun. I’ll be dropping out for about half an hour and then I’ll be back. If you’re still here later I’ll see you. What are you working on?
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young *blinks away tears* That’s such a beautiful song! Wow… It’s amazing. Thanks for sharing it! 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young ooh you’re right! Maybe that’s a sign that I’m too obsessed with KP forums 😛
(And this is my 800th post).
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice *Gasps* You are about to have posted 800 times!!!
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I’m here now! Nope, you read that right! I’ve never been in Writer’s Corner before, I didn’t really know how it worked, so I just didn’t really pay much attention to it. :/
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Yep, and I’m not sure if I’ll get much writing time tomorrow either. But I wish you the best of like in your writing! Especially with your his-fic!
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Wow, @dekreel . I can really relate to this. You know, KP is such an amazing place, full of encouraging people. But it can also be used against us when we fall into comparison- which I did without even realizing it. I started to think things like “you shouldn’t even be on this website, you’re not a real writer like they are” and “why do you even…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic The Writerly Adventures of Jenna Trapperton in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daughteroftheking 😀 😀 Someone should write an argumental dialogue between a person and her (personified) Sanity. At the end Sanity decides it isn’t appreciated and leaves, and the the person can’t do anything anymore and has to beg it to come back…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young You’ve never been on the Writers’ Corner before???
Or did I read that wrong? 🙂 I have been known to do that…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young That’s exactly how it works. 😀 I wasn’t here when you posted, and I’m sure you left long ago, but I’m here now.
You can either just announce that you’re writing and hope someone is around to see it and join you, or you can get to know who is around at what time, or check the list of who is active on the forum and tag people to ask…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Ok, thanks @rochellaine ! That’s something I really hadn’t thought about before @daeus said it, and I do see where that would be helpful.
-
Joy replied to the topic Self-Doubt… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@reaganramm I just watched the video.
I… I didn’t know you did this for me!! X’D  BTW, it’s pronounced DEE-kreel XD (see signature)
Anyway, thanks SO much for the video! It was really good advice 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic When characters won't talk right… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young I didn’t really see anything you did badly in the passages you have there, but I do like what @daeus said about defining your characters.
Each character should have a slightly different voice. So, whereas one person says “I don’t know,” maybe the second person doesn’t like contractions, and says “I do not know.” (I have a sister w…[Read more]
- Load More
