-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Actually, that’s a great idea since I have a huge problem with buckling down and focusing on one project. 😮 🙂
If I wasn’t working on the ministry website I would definitely take you up on that, though I would probably lose. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine XD Word wars. I know you wouldn’t necessarily be able to do that now since you’re multitasking, but by trying to top each others word counts, there’s not necessarily room for too much talking. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper And I guess it’s my place to ask: What way is that, exactly? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine LOL! Oops, sorry. XD That makes more sense now. Yep. Basically. Hey I’m on the Writers Corner. You want to chat to?
There is one way to remedy our chatting though…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, that’s not what I meant. 😀 It’s just a joking excuse that we use when we get too distracted. We always come on here with the intent and purpose of writing, but when we get distracted we’ve got to have a reasonable excuse. 🙂
Because like you said, getting distracted here is way too easy!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Ooh, multitasking. Cool. *nods*
Hey! That is a cool idea! However, because some people–oldies such as myself–still need a place to go to write, we could keep the Writers’ Corner for those writers who are writing, editing, brainstorming or whatnot, and whilst we do that we can do what we always do. Then for when we’re not writing…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m just getting started updating my parents’ ministry website, and in between that (because I like working on multiple things at the same time) I’m working on my western.
We definitely get distracting here! But I’ve come up with a solution to that question, which I shared with a couple of others and they liked it: This is…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Hi!
Daeus used to come on the writers’ corners quite often. Actually, I think they were originally his idea. I was around when the first one came into existence. Every now and then, Daeus will pop on here. …
Of course, we tend to be very distracting on here too. XD
And yep, sci-fi novel. Today thought, I’m editing the first…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hi! I’m here.
This may sound funny, but I’m wondering why you tagged Daeus? I’ve never seen him on Writers’ Corner. 🙂 (To be fair, I’ve not been on KP for all that long, though.)
Are you working on your sci-fi novel again?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @dekreel @daeus Anyone on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@alia Okay, let’s see… 😀
I completely understand about trauma issues with adopted kids, obviously, since we’ve adopted so many. My parents run a ministry counseling adoptive parents, and have written over 40 books on parenting and adoption, so what I’m saying is mostly what I’ve heard them repeat over and over. (I hope I get it right! :)…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine, I don’t completely disagree with you on what you said about birth parents, but I do want to clarify something. When I read what you said I took it as you saying that once a kid is adopted it becomes as though they were never part of the other family, and they should be completely closed off from them.
I think that the kid will…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ingridrd, oh look, our MC has a name and gender.
I imagined him as a guy, except for when I read it aloud. but that’s probably because I heard my voice
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #14 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, We’re having our missions conferance so I won’t be able to write, or be online much, until Monday
-
Ingrid and
The fledgling Artist are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Strong Christian Women in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 6 months ago
@notawriter no problem! 😉
Chapter eight reminded me of the Bible verse that says (not sure if I’m getting this exactly right) “when the wicked rule the people groan, but when the righteous rule the people rejoice.”
@rochellaine @skredder @kaya-young @ariella-newheart @jane-maree @seekjustice @everyone
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Create-a-story in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@bekreations Ah, good. 😝
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 No, you’re right. We know several families with twenty or more kids. 🙂 It’s just some skeptical person in the government who was supposed to approve the paperwork as a formality decided that it’s impossible for a family to be “normal” or something with this many kids, so they put a hold-up on everything.
Thanks!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Too many kids? that’s interesting; a family I know has a ton of kids they’ve adopted and they continue to adopt. But I’ll definitely be praying for you and your family that your plans work and everything will turn out okay! 🙂 <3
-
Rochellaine and
Sam Kowal are now friends 8 years, 6 months ago - Load More
