-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I have no idea about the Civil War. I know that one of the things they were fighting about was slavery, but I imagine that wasn’t all there was to it. I’ve only not read it because I’m not that interested…but yeah, it’s a classic and I have a list of classics to read this year, and it’s on there. So I’ll hopefully get around to it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fanfiction? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@destiny Yes, I knew that, and I just added the other stuff as a disclaimer of sorts. 😀 I hope the link is a little helpful!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’ve actually never read The Red Badge of Courage. 😮 😀 That’s partially because I prefer lighter reads to the classics, (you’re much braver than I on that score, 😉 ) and partially because I’m a Southerner. Did you know that there are still people on both sides in America? There are a lot of people who still believe the Conf…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Yeah, I thought so, that’s why I didn’t think you’d like it. However, I’ve been having some problems with it so I’ve put it aside for now, I was getting really frustrated with it.
No. Like I’ve said before, I know barely anything about America/American history, and I haven’t read anything about the Civil War. I’ve had Red Badge of C…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yeah, since that uses magic to teach a good lesson, that of compassion, it’s using magic to exemplify a good purpose. And I couldn’t agree with that, so I’ll just stay away from it and read your other stuff. 🙂
My absolute favorite wartime poem is All Quiet Along the Potomac Tonight from the American Civil War. Have you ever read…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Oh cool!
Well, the way I used magic was…I don’t know…the servants, for example, are cursed to be invisible, because they’d treated an outcast girl as invisible, and they wouldn’t become visible until they’d had to weep for an outcast. That sort of thing. No one in it uses magic for their own ends and has it turn out good.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Comic Poem Tag Experiment in the forum Poetry 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine this is awesome! I always love your poems! 😀
@dekreel wait, you’re leaving soon?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Sorry I dropped out for a while. I had to try on a dress one of my sisters is sewing for me to wear on Easter. 🙂
Ah, I don’t mind magic as long as it’s portrayed as bad. There’s magic in the Bible used by the evil people. I just don’t like it when the good guys use it.
Nope, military strategy details are not for me. 😉 I skip th…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Okay, you should have access now.
I am super glad you like it! I like Rin too 😛
Yes, I tend to have choppy writing. I’ll work on that. Thank you so much for reading it! 😀
-
Skredder replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 This was excellent! I loved it! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, there’s a little bit, mostly in the form of curses. And ultimately magic makes everything worse, instead of better, but there’s still a little bit. I’ve spent a very long time researching the war…too much time probably! I’ve written a lot of short stories about it, and this novella, but I’ve never actually tried writing a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I Love, love LOVE WWI! 😀 Oh, there’s magic in the B&B one? 🙁 too bad. Yes, I probably wouldn’t want to read it then. But oh, I spent a very extensive period of time studying the years surrounding WWI! Not learning about the war itself, but more of the homefront type of things: slang, fashion, music, mannerisms, and a whole bunc…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ah, no, I needed to put that one aside for a bit. This is a his-fic one set in World War 1. But you can still read it when I’ve finished. You’ll probably like it more than the Beauty and the Beast one anyway because it has no magic. 😀
The movie? I don’t think I’ve actually seen the start, I can’t remember. when I saw it on YouTube…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Well, apparently I was able to request access to your second chapter, so just so you know, I’m who requested access. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice The Beauty and the Beast one?
Oh yes. Getting to the ending is always exciting! 😀 Congratulations!
Am I going to get to read it once it’s done? 😉
BTW I watched the first half hour of ATOTC. It’s great so far!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m working on my novella again. I’m getting close to the end, so that’s exciting 😀
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 I love it! I didn’t request access because I had a really hard time getting access to Rochellaine’s WIP, but I really enjoyed what I read so far!
I love Rin! She seems super spunky and awesome!
What you did with the cross was really cool, and a great way to put Christianity into it without feeling forced!
The only thing I would…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The 1 and only … me. in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I hope you enjoy it here!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, yup, yup! I’m around! I just finished a poem for the comic poem topic, and am now about to continue my western.
What are you working on?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Hey, are you around?
- Load More
