-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The 1 and only … me. in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I may have already said welcome elsewhere but………WELCOME! 😀 This is the bestistest place in the universe! 😛
I’m here too if you have any questions about the site 🙂
I read your post where you said you were considering “never writing again.” I just wanted to tell you to NOT GIVE UP! I will always remember this quote “professionals…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@epicaddie2 Yes, I’m doing it this time ’round. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Camp NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@eppicaddie2 I’m actually doing it this time. O.O
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Fowen is the worst! I actually dislike him more then Nobody himself! Every time I remember when he uses the shock bracelet to hurt Owen.. Or even just all the mean things he said to him! (The poor child is insecure enough as it is!) Grr
ah me and Owen kinda took over your thread! Sorry about that. 🙂 Though it was super fun to be able to…[Read more] -
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Thanks so much for thinking of me! I’d love to help you out (though I think everyone els who is helping is far more qualified then me anyways) but I think I’ll pass this time! 🙂 (editing kind of scares me!) Again thanks so much for the offer though!
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@salome01w4g Thank you so much for praying. And i’m so glad you’ve been feeling God’s peace! Ill continue the prayers 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 I just realized that I forgot to comment on your last installment! And after asking you to tag me and everything! *embarrassed face* Oh well, I’ll say that both of them are great. 😉
And I got to work with @seekjustice !!! Hooray! I don’t know if most people realize how much Seekjustice and I talk since it’s usually really l…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic A Dog in the Kingdom of Pen 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@warrenluther04 Â Ah ha!!!! Â I love this…! Â Thanks for using me. Â *shakes your paw*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, goodness! 😀 Haha! Looking at the calendar here I see it’s the 30th, but now I realize that’s because it’s past midnight. So today was really Thursday, and tomorrow will be Good Friday, as you say.
Okay, see you later!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
But I probably won’t be around because we’re going to visit family, so I’ll see you in a few days, maybe 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Okay goodnight! (It’s actually Good Friday today though 😀 Tomorrow will be Saturday!)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice *copies list into a Word document* 😀 Yup, I’m almost halfway through A Little Bush Maid. It’s very similar to a lot of American books from the same period, and very good.
Hm, okay. My favorite American poet is Edgar A. Guest. He writes in a very down-to-earth style, sort of like Banjo Patterson, I guess, but American, if you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@valtmy Thanks! If you request edit access you can put the edits directly in the comments if you like. But you don’t have to. 🙂
Yes!!! If she had just told Uncle Bill that she couldn’t get to the water he would have told her to break the window. I’m planning to have that discussion later in the book. 😀 Just not right now. Right now she’s…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine No worries, I wouldn’t expect you to know much about Eureka either. It was pretty bad. A whole lot of miners started a revolt and people got shot.
I believe Ken Ham was one an early member of Creation ministries, but there was some sort of dispute and he went and founded Answers in Genesis in America. I actually just looked on…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Contemporary Western Novel in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
I really like this! You have managed to bring across Chara’s fear and panic very well. There are some minor edits and rephrasing I think might help make the writing stronger but overall I think it’s good.
Just one thing… Can’t Chara just find a rock or something to break the car window so that she can open the car door to get the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice I’m sorry, but just as you’ve next to no knowledge of American history, I’d never heard of your Eureka flag. 😀 I just looked it up, so I see what it is now. Looks like we’ll have to trade histories! Do you have any books or movies you would recommend that would give a good picture of your history?
I find it funny that Ken Ham…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
There are only so many ways to make a flag, yeah, so I worked with a well known revolutionary flag (the Eureka flag) and the Confederate and Scottish flags, just because I like them 😀
I used to have an Answers In Genesis book but I leant it to someone and haven’t seen it since. Most of my books come from Creation Ministries, which…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Oh, interesting! 😀 Yes, I think I did recognize the similarities when I read your book, but I brushed it off as the simple truth that there aren’t that many different ways you can design a flag, so a lot of flags just happen to be similar. That’s really cool, though!
I’ve found a whole lot of books I’d forgotten I had.<…
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Right…Well…it’s interesting I’d never heard of that side of it, I’ve just heard about the slavery issue. I did do a whole lot of research on the Confederate flag once though (Fun fact: Justice’s flag was based on the Confederate and Eureka flags combined with the Scottish flag, that’s why I was researching it).
Yeah, it is…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I’ll try to keep this short…the Civil War started because the Southern states felt the government was becoming too powerful, since the Constitution has a clause which says something like “all other powers are reserved to the States” so the South thought the government was making too many extra laws. One of those laws was…[Read more]
- Load More
