-
Skredder replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@skye I’ve got 51 of the original 64 stories. They started going downhill around that so I stopped getting them. It did surprise me when I found out that Carolyn Keene wasn’t one person. However, it is kinda cool seeing which author wrote which book. I found out that all of my least favorite of the series were written by the same person. Most of…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I don’t outline. In my head I usually have a definite ending, a general beginning, and a few middle parts. Then I let it flow and let the characters drive. There have been a few times where I’ve been stuck as to what happens next. When that does happen, I just write a general time line and see where things are stagnant and try to fix…[Read more]
-
Skredder replied to the topic Alpha/Beta Readers for My Dystopian WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 Now that was a cool chapter! I really, really enjoyed that one. The way it read felt really smooth to me. I loved it! 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’ll probably be done my math by then, so that’ll work out well!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing Goodnight!
@seekjustice I’m leaving for about half an hour, then I’ll probably be back for a little while. I really need to get a little more done tonight. 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine good night! It is late!
I got a little more done. :3 -
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Ditto! Alice is going around acting know-it-all and annoying. One of those crazy villains… *cough*
I think I do okay with my antagonists… I hope.
I killed off Kay’s parents in her prologue. But then I felt bad and made them an epic back story (why chosen kid’s parents are important persons. :P).
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing I love annoying characters! As long as they’re annoying to the other characters, and not to the reader, of course. I think they’re really funny. 🙂
However, I haven’t got much experience at writing any kind of antagonists. My few antagonists that I have invented were pretty boring, in my opinion. 😀 I’m hoping to experiment with some…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I’m just finishing off some math and then I’ll be writing again.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
My process is very similiar to Sam’s. I do character work and worldbuilding before I start and I use what I refer to as a “20 Step outline” or a “50 Step outline” depending on how long I think the story is going to be. But I do leave a lot of wriggle room and I have a page where I write down random ideas and I sometimes fill in gaps in…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Whoops! Okay, I’ll keep praying then. 😀
That’s great news! I’m glad to hear that I’m not the only barefooted hobbit as well 🙂
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Okay. I only have a bit of time.
This is actually the first time have written down a scene with Alice… Kay’s archnemisis. 0.0
Trying see how everyone reacts to her, and her bopping of their swords and noses. She is supposed to be annoying. 🙂@jenwriter17 maybe. It all depends.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing So sorry I can’t join you right now! Will you be on tomorrow?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@catwing How’s it going? I’ll be here for a little bit.
@seekjustice I’m back. Are you around?
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine @jenwriter17 @seekjustice @alia
I’m working on the CC. Poor KaPeeFers. Poor Kay. Poor, poor me… *sigh* Putting my favorite underdeveloped characters into Kingdom Pen…
Another wonderful day as a writer. :3 -
Kaya Young replied to the topic How should I continue this? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 6 months ago
@valtmy Cool! This story is sounding really intriguing! You could create some super dramatic scenes with “Fate” and “Rules”. Maybe you could start to change genres by making the rules of Fate overarc into politics, family relationships and such?
What a fun story. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I do outline, although not extremely extensively. I pretty much plan the ending of my story first, work back, plan out all the major plot beats and what’s going to happen in the chapters. If I have an idea for a scene or something of the sort, a piece of dialogue I want in, I mark that down, too, to go somewhere in the narrative.…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Outlining – Love It or Hate It? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@waterlily I’m kinda in between ‘outliner’ and ‘pantser.’ I use K. M. Weiland’s Structuring Your Novel and Outlining Your Novel workbooks, which are really cool. But I don’t fill them all out because I don’t like to go into as much detail as she does.
At the end of my plotting and outlining, I like to outline what happens in each chapter; just a…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine Haha, I guess that’s two for your opinion. But don’t worry, you’ll come around to my way of thinking 😛 😛 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@rochellaine I got 225, but they weren’t very good, I might end up erasing them tomorrow, haha 🙂
Well, I have to go now. Thanks for the word war! 😉
- Load More
