-
Alia replied to the topic Help!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@celticcailin, I don’t have much to say that others haven’t already, but one thing that I do is write down sentences about what is going on in my life. later I try to rewrite them so that they flow and are lyrics that I am actually passionate about. hope that helps.
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17, I’m still here. I left for a bit to play with my siblings, but I have returned. what are you working on?
@seekjustice, I still havent had time to read your book. I gave myself a deadline for my book, and its not wanting to move along so I have put everything else on pause
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
(BBC I know right :D)
Yeah that’s what I was trying to say in my rambly way
I’m on, working on today’s blog post. But Infinity is calling and I can’t concentrate!
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice That’s awesome! I’m so glad that it turned out well! God has great plans, and works everything out! 🙂
@rochellaine  Well that isn’t good news, but God has great plans and will work everything out. His timing is perfect even when it isn’t on our schedule. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Wait, a show I was watching when? Anyway, I’ve never seen A Series of Unfortunate Events. If I was talking about a show, it was most likely Andy Griffith. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice @alia @notawriter @rochellaine Anyone still around? I’m on for fifteen minutes.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 @skredder @catwing @kaya-young @rochellaine @everyonelse
Thank you so much, guys, for praying for my talk. It went really well, despite some last minute catastrophes. It was really good and I think it touched the heart of quite a few people. I was even told that my shy, introverted self has a gift for public speaking.
Anyway, I’m so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
You write retellings!! Me too, I’m obsessed with them and your ideas sound really cool! I’ve never heard of the Firebird ballet, but it sounds intriguing. 🙂
Who are some authors you enjoy reading?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@seekjustice…BBC!!!!!
@notawriter, I think also retellings allow for more creativity, and adaptations try to follow the original story more. Or it might be the other way around
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
I definitely think you should write it 😀
I would say the difference between an adaption and a retelling is quite loose. But I think that you can see the difference in two versions of Sherlock Holmes. If you look at Basil Rathbone’s Sherlock movies, they tend to have the same plot as the stories and they’re based on and it doesn’t…[Read more]
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Ha! Yup, well at least those google searches weren’t for the same WIP…
Hey! The show you were watching doesn’t happen to be A Series of Unfortunate Events does it?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Anyone writing???
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, @catwing, @whoever-else
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaya-young Haha, your post reminded me of this….

-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@filewriterbase13x Yup! 🙂
-
filewriter@base13x replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
Ok, @ariel-ashira. And off to the CSC I go! 🙂
Â
-
Daeus replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
Oops. I mean the Writer’s Rank Advancement Guide.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Learning How to Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 6 months ago
@kaymart I would check out Story Embers‘ writers’ journey plan. It’s got a whole section of resources on plotting.
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@ariel-ashira 😛 Totally tragic. Kapeefer Lit is awesome. Here you go
-
Kaya Young replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 6 months ago
@jenwriter17 LOL… 🙂
You know you’re a writer when you google things like “beef cattle after the Civil War” and “what would happen if the magnetic field was stronger”. I may or may not have googled those things.
-
The fledgling Artist replied to the topic Well, Hello, People! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 6 months ago
@annaberens Wow that’s so long! *Dumps  rainbow confetti on your head* 😀
- Load More
