-
Daeus replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
One tip: try to match the mood of the tune with the mood of the words to as fine a degree as possible.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira When you get a chance you should look it up on YouTube. 🙂 It’s What a Comforting Thing to Know from The Slipper and the Rose. One of my favorite musical songs ever…but then, I’ve got quite a lot of those! 😛
By the way, I’m revising the last section I showed you of my western where Chara wakes up. You told me you might have…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Good morning!
Oh, do you know it?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@sam-kowal thanks so much! Yes, I’m working through watching those videos and trying to understand it all 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Yup, it’s basically just a comical word. 🙂 Oh yeah, Newsies is American. Okay. 😛
Great!
Yes! It’s an amazing musical, made in 1976, so it’s old enough for me, but the style is modern enough that I think you’d like it. The twist on the Cinderella story in this one is that after the prince tries on the slipper and finds the girl…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@rochellaine Nope. the only time I’ve heard that word is in Newsies, but it is a fun word. Though I think it’s slightly too comical for the situation 😀
Actually, I like the term “swells”, it is a bit old-fashioned, but I think it works with the more slang way of speaking the lower class would have. It’s also the term Enjolras uses to describe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Do you use the phrase “highfalutin” in Australia? 😛 Just wondering. That probably wouldn’t work in the scenario you describe.
In America the upperclass are called “the One Percenters” but…that’s kind of a political thing, and actually the One Percent are usually the more conservative capitalists, so they’re really not the “bad g…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Cool, okay. 😀
Well, point one, I’m trying to think of a term I could use instead of the word “Aristocrat”, something which conveys a similar meaning, and that the revolutionaries could use contemptuously.
Secondly, could I ask you some questions about my novel?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@seekjustice Okay, I’m up for a little bit longer. (My mom asked us to go to sleep a little earlier tonight since we’ve got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow.) I’m not usually here on Sundays even just for discussions, but I’ve got something I need to do on the computer anyway, so might as well, right? 😀 So, here I am…
What do you want to discuss? 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
Hey, anyone around. I’m writing ;D @jess-penrose @jane-maree @anyone
@rochellaine I know it’s Sunday for you, but maybe you’re around for discussions?
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
I have to admit, if you’ve watched a lot of those videos you probably know more than me, at this point.
I’d say…
1) Come up with a song idea (What you want your song to be about)
2) Think about the possibilities of that idea, or a question about it
3)Write your ideas down in verses and a chorus
4) Make a melody for it
You can…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic What Should I Do? in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira Well, I definitely think ‘shady’ songs could make younger believers stumble, but from what I understand you’re also talking about non-Christian good songs, which aren’t necessarily shady- I think, there, your own discernment and prayer is what’s most important. Also, discussing it with people; if they do seem uncomfortable, it could…[Read more]
-
Sam Kowal replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
“I was going to try to explain to the friendly giraffe that we had lost our minds and believed that she had too,”
@filewriterbase13x XD XD That was a really excellent installment
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@alia I guess coming up with a melody and lyrics really. I want to be able to put the song to music from my piano or guitar too.
@ariel-ashira I’ll probably post some songs when I come up with them 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help with Resource Library in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 5 months ago
@devastate-lasting I’m actually not sure how to get to the resource library without resubscribing to KP, so I’m not seeing whatever you’re looking at. It sounds though like some of the resources that used to be there aren’t there anymore?
I’m thinking they might have gotten moved over to the Story Embers resource library. I know they have the…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
leaving, might be back
-
Alia replied to the topic Truly Lost our Minds in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@filewriterbase13x, THIS IS FANTASTIC!
if you have space to add me you can, if not thats fine
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #15 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, @ingridrd, @rochellaine, @seekjustice, @sam-kowel, @anyone-else
I’m here for a bit
-
Alia replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@ariel-ashira, nice signature
-
Alia replied to the topic Considering Songwriting in the forum Music 8 years, 5 months ago
@jenwriter17, what type of help do you need? is it with finding the melody? getting the lyrics to flow? just getting lyrics in general? or something else?
- Load More
