-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh hi! I’d just assumed everyone was gone so I was doing some reading.
Rochellaine, how’s the Western? I’ve missed you these last couple days.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Just a normal, good church. I just want to describe it as a church that believes and preaches the Bible, which is what’s important. I’m just afraid that in describing it I’ll add other things that might make people think I believe you need those to make a good church, while I really believe taking the Bible literally is the important t…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, what type of church is it?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Fine, I think. I’m trying to describe a church…hopefully without offending people. 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, pretty good I guess. how about you?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Hi! How’s it going?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic KP Book Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@ariel-ashira If by “the movie” you mean the Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland one, then yes. If not, no. 😛 But yes, that’s actually the reason it caught my eye, I had seen the movie and I though, “Wow! I had no idea the movie was based on a book!! Cool!” 😉 So anyway, I have only read a few chapters, but it’s really good so far.
Did you…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, welcome
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia I’m here. 🙂
@seekjustice Second the above question: Are you still here?
I wasn’t on for the past two days either because we were at a conference where my parents were speaking and I was helping out with the website, the booth, and the little kids. 😉 But we just got home and I’m going to try and get some writing done tonight.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice @alia @daughteroftheking Well I’m gonna have to leave. May your writing prosper! 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17 And I think my fingers are disproportionately small which doesn’t help 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Dickens you say? Alrighty, I’ll take a look at more of his writing, thank you 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Um…
…
I don’t think I’v ever written a story using Omniscient PoV.
I don’t think I ever want to.
But the classics often use it, say Dickens. Maybe try studying the way he writes? That’s all I can really offer, I only do first person or limited third person, so its not really a topic in my field of experience.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Helooooo! 😀
@seekjustice Oh I know! Some chords just seem nearly impossible to reach! Also, it’s painful to my precious writing fingertips 😉
-
Jenna Terese started the topic The Omniscient POV in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
alrighty, y’all. here’s the dealio: I had this book idea that I wanted to be in omniscient POV. but the thing is, whenever I read a story with that POV, I hate it.
So, is there a way to do this POV where the reader won’t feel distant and will still love the characters?
@seekjustice @rochellaine @daughteroftheking @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@jenwriter17, @daughteroftheking, @seekjustice, hey y’all, I’m here for a bit
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@daughteroftheking so many times I try to explain writer things to non-writers, and they’re just like “um, what?” 😉
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Ha, well, “playing” abd “serenading” are probably too strong words. I am teaching myself to play guitar but it mostly consists of me complaining that my fingers can’t do F chord.
- Load More
