-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@gh2468246899
Ah, I was close! Yeah I thought so. That’s why we’re chatting in the middle of the American night 🙂
-
valtmy started the topic Betas Wanted: QOD in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 4 months ago
Hey!
So I have finally completed the first three chapters of my WIP, Queen of Drama, which has turned into this strange political satire/romance novel parody thing, and I’m looking for beta readers.
Apart from suggestions to improve my writing, since this is a comedy, I will need my betas to let me know what specific lines and things they found…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
You live in….*thinks for a moment* Singapore, am I right?
I’m actually in Australia, so I think our timezones are pretty similar. But yeah, posting when everyone is asleep is really annoying!
Awesome 🙂 I’m currently in the middle of edits for my NaNo novel from last year (so much to work on…) and trying to keep up with…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@alia Basically yes. Goodnight!
@gh24682468999 *double checks the tag is right*
My personal opinion is that they are spam followers, since they don’t usually come up on the lists of your followers, as you noticed. Basically, I think they’re robots and i usually just ignore them. 🙂
I haven’t seen you in a while. How’s things?
@rochellaine goodnight 😉
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, I’m going to have to sign off now
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, thank you thank you thank you
so basically one is for while its being written and the other is for after its finished?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, Alright, see you later. (you might not, I’m on semi hiatus)
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kdetvZPqqTzfuapzrNpwnHcoPkUuFVLkPaVl_BM6K-w/edit?usp=drivesdk
Hopefully that will work. You’ll probably have to request access.
I would say the difference is that an alpha reader reads a book as its being written or just after its been written, ie when its a first draft. I’m editing now, and when I’ve…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Ah yes, I forgot it was Sunday. 🙂 Listening to Les Miserables and being miserable? Sounds about right. 😛 Hope you feel better soon, though.
And tomorrow will be Sunday for me, too. 😉 I think I’m actually going to say goodnight now. We have guests, and they’re leaving early tomorrow so we have to be up and make breakfast for…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, @rochellaine, I have a question. what is the difference between beta and alpha readers?
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, thank you
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Oh yeah, sure! Give me a sec…
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, can I read your sequel?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
I’m not working on anything currently since its Sunday here, I’m just listening to Les Mis and being miserable.
I feel better, but I don’t feel great. I’ve reached Chessy’s first meeting with the revolutionaries in the Cafe, and I remember someone saying those scenes were a bit slow, so I’m trying to liven them up a little. I…[Read more]
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, some side characters, but no important ones…yet
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice, what are you working on?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@seekjustice Hello, hello!! I’ve missed you too, though it might not seem so since I wasn’t on either. 😉 The Western…goes okay. As you see, I have a bit of a dilemma. 😛 I think I’m going to focus more on the people than the church procedure, and that should work out fine. Especially since it’s the people I want my characters to meet, rath…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Yes…despite it all (the coughing, the sneezing, the headaches.) I live!
-
Alia replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
@rochellaine, yeah, it does. I think if you focus on what the Bible says it should turn out fine.
@seekjustice, you live!
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 4 months ago
Haha…good luck.
- Load More
