-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@Jenwriter17 as Princess said, some of the elements are fairly generic with the dystopian genre. Evil government and Outcasts are common features, BUT that doesn’t mean you can’t use it. I definitely say you can still do this well if you have your own aspect and take on the situation and use your own style to make the story unique and different.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine, Yep! XD Sorry about that!
@dekreel… *softly* Wow…. can we get some more of these? Also, great look @daeus. *cackles*
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I still got a notification when you tagged me. It just didn’t go green for some reason. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Better Books Survey in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yeah….. no.
I don’t really know that many authors. Haven’t been to any conferences really–one local teen one–but otherwise… not yet. XD I’ll let you know if I can think of any.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter *squeals* it looks so good! I like how you did the hair too, it’s flowy and soft looking. I think the expression suits her. It’s not a full out smile, which she doesn’t do often. Thank youuuuu! ❤
ooh, cat! He/she is sooo cute!!!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel @notawriter Cool! thanks!
@princessfoo Thanks so much for your input! No, Rin doesn’t fall in love with the soldier guy (his name is Jax). I’d rather not include romance in my novels. They become friends though. Just friends 😊
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Oooh I just looked more closely at the second picture. Kiiiitttttyyyy! What’s his/her name?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I totally feel you on drawing the mouth ten times…except it’s usually noses with me. 🙂
Awww you’re so sweet! But you are too modest. You’re drawing is brilliant! I love the sprigs of greenery. 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
oh, here’s a collage too…

-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 She was super fun to do! 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree @dragon-snapper @dekreel @mariposa @aratrea @sam-kowal @daeus @anyone else
Okay, y’all…..
I’ve gotten together a rough blurb of my dystopian novel. very. rough. Lemme know what you think:
Independent teen Rin Adachi lives with the Outcasts. Those tossed aside by the government and society as unfit for city life. The diseased, the…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Happy Library Lovers month! (yes, it’s a legit holiday. seriously.) Library Lovers day is on February 14th! ❤
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel oh my goodness! 🤣
@notawriter lol, for sure
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd that’s okay, I would have said yes anyway. 😉
*gasps* so. good. I love the way you did her hair! thanks so much! and I really like how you wrote her name too 😊
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago

Sorry, I didn’t wait for permission to draw Rin, buuuuut…here she is! I think her hair is a little too dark. *shrugs* Hope you like her!
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Would you mind very much if I attempted Rin also?? She looks super fun to draw…pretty please? 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
*stalks this topic*
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@epicaddie2 *sheepish grin*
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
YASSS! Got it.
Um…
I digress.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
AAARRRGGGHHHH! What is happening to my spelling ??? It’s my dodgy keyboard, people…truly. So, yeah, sorry, @rochellaine
- Load More
