@annika-c
Active 5 years, 7 months ago- Rank: Charismatic Rebel
- Total Posts: 19
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j I feel like that my home’s homeschooling is so different from other people haha… Can’t wait to graduate.
Hmm…I’ve done piano lessons for…eleven years now? And ballet for…eight? I think. I guess I’m gonna have to self teach myself now if I even have time to practice, haha.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j Hm…my least favorite subject is science, haha. My favorite I would have to say is Literature. But that’s English though…uh…I don’t really like school much…Algebra was fun though…when I understood what was going on. Do my piano lessons count? Though…my teacher just retired last week so I don’t have those anymore either.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j US Government and Politics, haha. Trying to finish this week’s assignments today so that I can go take the ACT tomorrow and not work on them afterwards.
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
Well, it all began in 2013. During a vacation, my older sister (who was the most into writing back then) suggested that we all write a story together. The name? Fighting Toucan Island. Though, it was about as cliche a story you can get. I was only nine, my older sister was twelve, my younger brothers were seven and five. Honestly, I…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@gracie-j Working on homework, so replies might be slow.
-
Lin replied to the topic Writers' Corner 01 in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@jenwriter17 Guess we all missed you. Hope it went well.
-
Lin replied to the topic Practicing Book Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
@e-k-seaver Wow I absolutely love it! Think I might actually use it in the future, if you don’t mind. I’ll give you credit, of course.
You’re so good at making these! Do you use photoshop?
-
Kathleen replied to the topic Practicing Book Cover Designs in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 11 months ago
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
Being able to write with my siblings is one of the best gifts that God has given me. There’s rarely a day that goes by without me thanking God for it in my prayers. XD
But that being said, there are a couple of cons… the first that comes to my head is when there’s a disagreement. When you write on your own, you get the final say in…[Read more]
-
Lin posted an update 5 years, 11 months ago
Ahem. I…wrote a thing. Yep, that’s it. Thanks. Oh, and here’s the link: https://www.webnovel.com/book/abluvion_14214021505660705
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
Hating my writing used to be a big obstacle for me as well. So big in fact I wrote an entire article on KP about it.XD
It’s so hard to see the amazing story in your head look so badly when it’s on the page. Then all the work and time you put into your story feels futile.
But as you said, once you get over the crippling…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 11 months ago
Yeah, sometimes too much advice can stunt creativity. With so many opinions online, sometimes while writing I feel like have to check off all these boxes, instead of just tell a story.
Each time I write I have to remind myself that I just need to tell a story, in an understandable, enjoyable way, that helps someone. Even if…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 12 months ago
@kathleenramm Personally I think it’s other people telling me what to do.
Like, I guess being a writer you see all sorts of writing accounts on social media giving writing advice and things. Not that all writing advice is bad, of course. Personally I feel, however, that writing advice really only applies to beginner writers. I appreciate the…[Read more]
-
Kathleen replied to the topic I Don't Do Dares, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
@leon-fleming aka Orpheus Alexander
As you can probably tell, I was trying to avoid this topic. But, sadly, I cannot refuse a dare. I shall include the link below for your personal amusement. For context, my ten-year-old self was particularly fascinated with glassblowing in those days. I still am, actually.…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic I Don't Do Dares, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
@gracie-j Ahaha thank you XD. I had good teachers. (I don’t know when twelve year olds started looking so tiny. They seem absolutely minute at this point.)
-
Kathleen started the topic What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome) in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 12 months ago
What is your biggest struggle as a writer? (Long rants welcome)
One of my biggest struggles as a writer is outlining. And more specifically, having so many different directions that I could take the story and not knowing which one to choose. I start off outlining, making cool ideas for the story, and everything is going dandy until… Well, I…[Read more] -
Lin replied to the topic I Don't Do Dares, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
@leon-fleming I was told that the story was pretty much exactly like some show called Into the Woods. And the ideas were all from a prompt, so personally it didn’t feel very original, haha.
…I think this dare was of much less embarrassment for you than for the rest of us. Your writing sounds like something from 90 years ago. In a good way, of course.
-
Lin replied to the topic I Don't Do Dares, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
@leon-fleming Ahaha thank you XD I might do that in the future after I’m done with all my current story ideas, but I feel that there are too many fairy tale retellings out there. That probably is Mr. Atkinson, judging by what came up when I Googled.
Did you happen to share yours here? I seem to have missed it.
-
Lin replied to the topic I Don't Do Dares, but… in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
@gracie-j I think I was 12…yeah, I was twelve. That was the first thing I wrote in creative writing, for a school assignment, haha.
There was a meme I saw somewhere which went like this:
Me when reading my old writing from middle-school:

-
Lin replied to the topic One-Sentence Story Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 12 months ago
You guys know that I can write 300 word sentences, right?
Well, I’m not doing that right now. So for you, @e-k-seaver …
They ray of sunlight I latched onto pulled me up and away from there.
- Load More
