-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl I played “Solitude” several years ago, but that’s it. I like to compose my own songs in the style of David Nevue and Brian Crain, and I also play a couple composed by Dario Marianelli for P&P (please don’t label me as a Austen nerd, or someone who wants to marry Mr. Darcy. He actually kind of bothers me, though I do enjoy Miss…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic How much conflict is enough? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Yes, @daeus, that was very helpful. Now I’m off to make sure my character has a goal as she’s struggling with shyness! And figure out how her goals will change as she changes.
@anne-of-lothlorien I love Stepping Heavenward! It’s on my “Top Ten Books I Recommend To Girls” list. Thank you too for the “reader feedback.” That reminds me…I have…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Um…or two. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Shorty Story – Mystery in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Thank you for the input. I shall see what I can do. *alright words. You are at my command, so why don’t you do something*
@perfectfifths Oh goody! I need picky people. 😛 Thanks for the edits! I need them all!
@rolena-hatfield Hmm…I see what you mean. *note to self for future reference*
@ethryndal Shorty Stories… Ah,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien Mmm…you’re right. But I couldn’t steal ice cream from you. I’m just too nice of a dragon for that. 😛 Besides, my melting things is solely confined to chairs. I’m afraid that I’m not as scary as dragon’s should be. *shuffles off to find some ice cream and to write the last few parts of the sequel.* Just 2 or 3 left! Rejoice everyone!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @anne-of-lothlorien Good. Now, if I catch you fighting over something again I shall…steal @kate-flournoy‘s tabasco sauce!
@graciegirl Yes. The butterflies are quite annoying. -
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Now that’s just creepy.
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic How much conflict is enough? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Thanks, @daeus I actually just listened to your lesson on conflict two days ago, and so the added insight was helpful!
If I’m showing her thought process, and then how she acts, and how she changes, is that sufficient “conflict” (I’ll use quotes to show I’m not discussing warfare) for a book of this genre?For example, the first part to my…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
That was fast! It’s easy to see you believe in the cause of the Kingdom! @daeus
I’m currently studying holiness in the book of 1 Peter. Something really eye-opening for me was discovering that grace to obey comes as we obey. We don’t wait around till we feel Christ-like, but obey right now, with the faith that God will work. I really desire…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
That was fast! It’s easy to see you believe in the cause of the Kingdom!
I’m currently studying holiness in the book of 1 Peter. Something really eye-opening for me was discovering that grace to obey comes as we obey. We don’t wait around till we feel Christ-like, but obey right now, with the faith that God will work. I really desire to be…[Read more]
-
bethanys.inky.roses started the topic How much conflict is enough? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
Hello fellow scribblers.
I had an idea for a slice-of-life story about a young shy girl’s struggle with making friends, and her ups and downs in her walk with the Lord. My question is: will a story of that nature actually interest people, and will it have enough conflict?
What are some pitfalls I need to avoid with slice-of-life? Any tips are welcome. -
bethanys.inky.roses started the topic Greetings, fellow scribblers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 5 months ago
Hello KPers! I joined the forum a few weeks ago and haven’t yet introduced myself. But…I can remedy that, right?
I’m a young lady who loves Jesus, (ask me why if you like~I love talking about Him!) the forest, writing, and my family. I spend a lot of time playing our piano (who is named Elizabeth, just because naming things makes them more…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Legend of King Daeus in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 5 months ago
@aratrea Mayhaps I should say I’m sorry…
😛 -
Keleigha Liess posted an update 9 years, 5 months ago
@ethryndal For some reason, it’s not letting me respond to that thread… :/ Anyway, I’ve been on KP for maybe a year, just not very active until now. The “Stewards of the Pen” thing kind of gave me an incentive to do more, you know, find time! 😉 How about you?
That’s fun. How close are your siblings to you in age? I have 8 younger siblings,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@graciegirl *maniacal laugh* Mwahahaha!
No…actually, I think that would just be horrible to myself, because I know what’s going to happen. I haven’t even gotten your village yet. Not yet…but soon. After I get past these butterflies. *grrr*
-
Keleigha Liess and
The Impossible Girl are now friends 9 years, 5 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 5 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 You have no idea.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
I shall say farewell now. I edited about 2 chapters, or 20 pages. Adios!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus *shuffles feet and shifts around in melted chair* Erm…yes. I know…it’s rather crazy…but it’s worth a shot… I might not get to some of them, but they’re the best ideas I’ve had in a while. Besides, novellas should only take about a month to write, right? That’s an entire years worth of writing. Yikes.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's corner #5 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 5 months ago
@daeus I’ll be researching/planning/brainstorming 10 novellas/novelettes.
- Load More

@ceaseless-prayer Huh. It did that to me a couple days ago. Weird.
Ah yes, the Stewards of the Pen thing. I wish I had social media just so I could promote this awesome place. 🙂 I’ve been here for about six months. It’s crazy though, because I FEEL like I’ve been here forever, and have known these people my whole life.
Nice, so you’re the…[Read more]
Yeah, me too! I’ve wanted to be more involved before, just busy…
It is fun. It’s nice to have so many KPers with big families, most people think it is weird, or at least odd. Do you enjoy having older siblings? I always wanted some. I kind of adopt my friends’ My best friend is the second youngest of eight, & we’ve been BF since K-5, so I don’t…[Read more]
Older siblings are fun. But you know, my siblings are so close to me in age that it’s not really like having older siblings, if you know what I mean. We’re more like partners in crime. 😉 And hey, adopted siblings are almost as good as the real thing, am I right? I also know a family with eight kids (how coincidental is that? XD), three of which…[Read more]
Yeah, I do, I don’t really feel like my eighteen & sixteen-year old sisters are younger than me. I’m 20, so, your sister’s age? 😉 Yeah, almost. 😉 We have a wonderful church where we are all really close, kind of like a big extended family. Where do you guys go to church? Me neither. I think it’s wonderful!