-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@jane-maree Yep. Confuses me too. 😛 And my age, that is confidential dragon information. If I told you, I’d have to melt you. 😉
-
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Well, don’t say you weren’t warned, @that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper Someday I’d like the story behind your username. I’m I
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@jane-maree Completely random. I have no idea how that started.
@bethanysinkyroses I’ll be nice. 🙂 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I think it’s hilarious that you and @ethryndal call me a kid. 😀
@jane-maree Yeppernoodles. -
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 @dragon-snapper @jane-maree Hiya! If you promise not to distract me I won’t pour ink on your manuscripts.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@jane-maree *bites lip* Woops. Sorry. I forgot again.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #7 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 You didn’t tag me??? 0.0 Okay, I’ll just melt your computer *melts computer*
I’m here.
@jane-maree -
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@daughteroftheking
My family does that all the time. “What you do to yourself?”
“I got in a fight with a bear.” -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic To Blog or Not to Blog? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Well, I can say that after talking to a few people, having a blog is really important to building your platform. So I definitely recommend you do the thing.
Now, as for what to write, I’m not really sure. You have to make it your own and write about what you want to write about most, because otherwise, you could lose your…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@delightinlife
I think someone has already said this, but the best way I can think of to start a plot is to create some conflict. Make something go wrong and figure out how the characters can fix the problem. Also, a great way to start is to brainstorm. Think about your characters, your story. It helps. 🙂 Anyway, that’s my brilliant advice. 😉 -
bethanys.inky.roses replied to the topic KP Resources in the forum Stewards of the Pen 9 years, 2 months ago
Thank you SO MUCH @theliterarycrusader ! I love the crisp directness of it! I can’t wait to get them printed and ready for handout. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@rjk It would be an honor to be of service. *bows*
And just so you know, I too am a dragon (though you might have noticed that) and I have a knack for melting phones and chairs. -
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
Peeps? *shrugs* I only say it to be silly.
And yes! Homeschooling!! -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
Yes! Finally, I was the first!
@kate-flournoy Your up. -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
Hey @rjk
Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
Wow. That is a lot of ideas. If you need help narrowing, I’ve dealt with that before, so I may be of service. 🙂
And we’ve all got problems here. I think the same way you do. If I watch a movie, I try to see how I would describe it.
Again, welcome! -
Snapper replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@northerner
Yeah. I have to watch my back at times. There’s a reason I melt chairs. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@delightinlife Well, some lords would have to deal with the problems in their fief. Thieves, disputes, war, and everyday business of running a fief in general, such as selling the stuff that his serfs make, and divvying out his soldiers to the king’s army, and a myriad of other things. Since you have your own story world, you can be really…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Questions for Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@arella-noreen *maniacal laugh* Here we go.
1. What is your favorite children’s show?
2. Why did you make a blog?
3. Why did the chicken cross the road?
4. What is your favorite word?
5. How long have you been writing?
Please give us the link to your post, when you post it! 😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic Help! I need a plot! 🙂 in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 2 months ago
@delightinlife Oh yeah. I totally get you on this.
What I did to fire up my plot was to find a problem among the story world and among the characters. What about the story world could allow for conflict. This character feels this way but the other feels this way.
So first, I’d try to work a bit on your world if you are lacking plot, then you can…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Just Chatter #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@perfectfifths That does make sense. So, lets unpack the reason why Christian Americans like to use the word ‘unpack’. 😛
- Load More
