Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Elizabeth
    @that_writer_girl_99
      • Total Posts: 1819

Yes! @rjk INFPs for the win! I can relate to what you said– I’m an INFP or an INTP, depending on the day…

*grins* I LOVE love love Dancing on the Head of a Pen. It’s one of my favorite books. Ever.

Writer. Dreamer. Sometimes blogger. MBTI mess. Lover of Jesus and books.

RJK
      @rjk
        • Total Posts: 16

@kate-flournoy Yay! I’m happy to meet another INFP!
        Thanks for the tips! I appreciate any advice I can get.

RJK
        @rjk

@that_writer_girl_99 It’s fun to see so many INFPs here even though we’re so rare! I’m fascinated by the INTP type. Watch out. I might want to ask you a lot of questions. 😉
          Have you ever read Epic by John Eldredge? It’s not about writing, but it is about stories. And that might only make sense after you read it.

Kate Flournoy
          @kate-flournoy
            • Total Posts: 3976

@RJK yeah… KP is just about swamped with INFPs. 😛 Tied for close second is INTJ, actually, and surprisingly most are women. INTJ women are supposed to be practically nonexistent. 😛

… how much of an MBTI nut are you? Because I’m pretty far gone… but I don’t wanna overwhelm you with random psychology dumps. XD

Emma Flournoy
            @emma-flournoy
              • Total Posts: 1352

@RJK Les Miserables is my favorite book. (Favorite published one. 😉 My sister Kate’s WIP is close second.) IT’S INCREDIBLE. It’s extremely long—and no you should not read an abridged version—but it’s absolutely worth the time. I recommend it with the highest of recommendations. 😀 If you’re the kind of reader who likes Dickens and other similar classic period dramas I can just about guarantee you’ll like this. I love Dickens and I like this better than any Dickens I’ve read or watched.

RJK
              @rjk

@kate-flournoy No worries, I love the MBTI! I’ll never get tired of psychology.
                Oh, and INTJs are amazing.

Gracie
                @graciegirl
                  • Total Posts: 889

@RJK I’m an INFP too!! Sometimes KP makes me doubt the statics for how rare each type is. 😆 And you live in Colorado? Awesooommmeeee. My grandparents just took a trip way out west (I live in northern Indiana) and they brought me back a ton of beautiful pictures of Colorado! I’ve been having so much fun painting the views. 😄 Does it snow a lot there?

@Kina-Lamb
                  😱 *catches you* Nooooo, don’t faint!! (Jenni is actually part of my pen name. 😉 Turns out, my real name is also the name of a female Christian romance author from the 1900s who wrote over a 100 novels, so yeah…😆 I decided to go with a pen name.)

*is probably geeking out about something*

Elizabeth
                  @that_writer_girl_99

Ha, ask away! @rjk Love talking MBTI or books or story ideas or whatever.

Hm, I don’t think I’ve ever read that book…

RJK
                    @rjk

@emma-flournoy Sounds like I’ll be adding that to my list of books to read! I’ve never read any Dickens, so I’ll put that on the list too. I’m definitely interested in the time period and setting. On a different note, do you like any of Washington Irving’s stories? The two of his that I’ve read are set in America, so I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Your support of your sister is so sweet! Am I right in assuming your sister is @kate-flournoy? If so, or if not, sending encouragement and admiration Kate’s way for her WIP.

Snapper
                      @dragon-snapper
                        • Total Posts: 3515

@rjk It would be an honor to be of service. *bows*
                        And just so you know, I too am a dragon (though you might have noticed that) and I have a knack for melting phones and chairs.

☀ ☀ ☀ ENFP ☀ ☀ ☀

RJK
                        @rjk

@graciegirl I wonder if this forum can handle this many INFPs.
                          I live on the plains in Northeastern Colorado, about a two hour drive from the mountains. So, where I live, we can get some pretty big drifts, but it’s nothing like the mountains.
                          That’s so cool that you’re a painter! Do you ever paint scenes from your stories?

Gracie
                          @graciegirl
                            • Total Posts: 889

@rjk Neato! Snow is my favorite. 😊
                            I don’t usually draw specific scenes because I can’t paint people to save my life. XD I’ve painted several locations, however. Do you paint or sketch?

*is probably geeking out about something*

Jane Maree
                            @jane-maree
                              • Total Posts: 909

@Rjk YES I LOVE TO MASH GENRES. XD (also I’m Australian, hence I sometimes take a while to reply to things because timezones. >.<) Mashing genres is soooo much fun.

Writing Heroes ♦ Writing Hope // janemareeauthor.com.au

Elizabeth
                              @that_writer_girl_99

*blinks* What is…snow? @graciegirl

That’s a joke, by the way. This Florida girl has in fact seen snow before.

Emma Flournoy
                                @emma-flournoy
                                  • Total Posts: 1352

@RJK I actually haven’t read any of Irving’s stuff, though I’ve heard of him. He’s the one who wrote The Legend of Sleepy Hollow isn’t he? I want to read that sometime. 😀

😀 Yup, @Kate-Flournoy is indeed the one. The sister just above me in age…she’s 18 and I’m 16. She says I’m biased about her book, being her sister and all, but I remain convinced I would adore it just as much even were she a random nobody I’d never met. 😀 But it’s even nicer that she’s my sister. (I’m not a writer, btw. But I sorta go in the same circles… 😉 )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >