@anna-brie
Active 8 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 312
-
BlueJay and
Little Brown Dog are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic When is enough enough? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I think it can also depend on the audience that you’re aiming for. I once read a book about Ash Wednesday which was an extremely (not exaggerating) bad fire that swept through South Australia. It had a lot of horrible detail for the afterwards (you know, burnt houses, animals, people) But it is a book I would read again, because I know it is a…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Oops, I forgot the prompt. Write a story about how Time (personified) feels about people wasting him (does that make any sense? XD).
-
Greta replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
I look up at the stage, where the president is about to start his next “we-can-save-America-if-we-do-this-and-that” speech.
He better have some good ideas this time, I think. Otherwise, America’s doomed.
The president stares down at us thoughtfully, as if contemplating whether to begin his speech or not. Finally, he speaks: “The World as we…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Daniel felt the ground rumble beneath his feet. Whoa! He hadn’t been told that this would be happening. He glanced up to ask the director what was going on and saw…no one.
“Help,” he yelled out. The sky began to darken. Just cause he was a bad guy in the movie didn’t mean they had to treat him like one. “Hello! Where is everyone?” He tried to…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Remembrance Poem-what do you think? in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
@dbhgodreigns Yes you are right. Oops 😉
@jadamae and @daeus that is what I’m getting all the time. 😀 -
BlueJay replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Thanks @hope. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic WordPress in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@hope I tried to leave a comment (or reply) to the captions challenge but nothing happened. Does my info (email and name) get sent to you and do I receive a password so that I can log in? Is that how it works? I don’t know if this counts but would you mind if I posted my two captions here since I can’t get it to work and it ends tomorrow???
They…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Yeah. The more I thought about it the more I realized that you were probably right. I’ll still be leaving it in though. If I base it on my parents, they probably wouldn’t actually talk about it at the dinner table and if my mum did ask, Dad would probably say ‘talk to you later’ But I want Anna to be part of the conversation, so that was my way of…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
Hmmm, yes that makes sense. I could definitely do that. Thx 😛
-
BlueJay started the topic Remembrance Poem-what do you think? in the forum Poetry 10 years, 7 months ago
This is a poem I wrote in remembrance of the men who fought in World War II. I have had quite a lot of feedback on it, but I’d like to see what you guys all think. Here you go-
Bombs exploded, bullets stung
Orders were to fight then run
For the men who went to war.Little food and dirty water
Life was sometimes just man slaughter
For the men who…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Her hair reminded me a lot of turtle soup. Now it could be because I was eating that soup, that made me think of it, but I really don’t know. I have to say I’ve thought of some weird things in the time that I’ve sat here watching people. The plaza is a great place to just sit and watch. Nobody takes any notice of me. I’m dull and quite. The only…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
Her hair reminded me a lot of turtle soup. Now it could be because I was eating that soup, that made me think of it, but I really don’t know. I have to say I’ve thought of some weird things in the time that I’ve sat here watching people. The plaza is a great place to just sit and watch. Nobody takes any notice of me. I’m dull and quite. The only…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Wow, that’s so cool your last name is a Huguenot one! I recently learned about the Huguenots in my French class. They were tough bunch of people. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Anna's Savanna by BlueJay in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
And here is another story that I have written @anna-brie Now I really loooooove this one. I actually have things to fix up, but I had already posted it. Enjoy!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Princess Tess and the Perfect Story in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie have a read of this story and tell me what you think. I wrote it awhile ago (so I think I’ve improved, but…) I still love it though. 😛
-
BlueJay and
Anna Brie are now friends 10 years, 7 months ago -
Greta replied to the topic Boiled Potatoes from Blue Sky in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy: Now THAT would be something. 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic From textbook to cinema in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus: Thanks so much for sharing this! I’ve never really thought about it before, but the example you gave makes a lot of sense. The second example really sucks you into the story because you feel like you’re a part of the story. Like I said, I’ve never really thought about that before. I’ll have to look out for “textbook writing” in my…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
So cute, @sarah-h. Tell your little brother ‘well done.’
- Load More
