@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Alia I’ll be praying.
-
Julia R. replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien: I have written a short Choose-your-own-Adventure story in second person. It was fun, but incredibly difficult! I can’t imagine doing 2nd person in any other way than a CYOA. That’s one thing I never liked about CYOA’s. Sometimes, they would say things like, “If you decide to chase after the criminal, go to page 8. If you…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I used to ONLY write third person, and I had no idea if it was omnipotent, or omnipresent, or whatever. Still don’t quite remember those. @Daeus what are those things?
But now I write mostly in first person. I like focusing on one person personally better, and it lets me put in weird thoughts that I probably wouldn’t if it was third person.
But…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I used to ONLY write third person, and I had no idea if it was omnipotent, or omnipresent, or whatever. Still don’t quite remember those. @Daeus what are those things?
But now I write mostly in first person. I like focusing on one person personally better, and it lets me put in weird thoughts that I probably wouldn’t if it was third person.
But…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Alia yes, now that you mention it, I definitely see that.
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@alia: That sounds like a fairly common disease, unfortunately. : Well then, see what I had written to @emma-flournoy 😀 Have you ever done any exams? (is that even a thing in the U.S?)
-
Louise Fowler replied to the topic Just Another Girl in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@alia: Thank you! How long have you been playing? 😀
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
@adry_grace, @alia, @anna-brie, @anne-of-lothlorien, @cahndida-serkhaman, @charisetter, @zoe-wingfeather, @christi-eaton, @clairec, @winter-rose, @warrioroftherealm, @writefury, @emma-flournoy, @reaganramm, @rolena-hatfield, @julia-r, @his-instrument, @ingridrd, @ivy-rose, @the-happy-bookaholic, @timothy-young, @belegteleri, @theliterarycrusader,…[Read more]
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ve been studying up on theme. Especially in movies. So I was wondering if you could give: Two movies that have, in your opinion, extremely powerful themes. If you could also give why those movies have such great themes or how they made the theme awesome then that would be even better.
Now I’m not talking about themes like “Peace is better than…[Read more]
-
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ve been studying up on theme. Especially in movies. So I was wondering if you could give: Two movies that have, in your opinion, extremely powerful themes.
Now I’m not talking about powerful themes like “Peace is better than war because true peace isn’t tainted by man.” That’s a decent enough theme. Great even. But it isn’t necessarily powerful…[Read more]
-
Hannah A. Krynicki replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
(Not great at tagging, but I’ll give it a try) I’m looking for British beta-readers.
@faithdk @hannah-olsen @vanna @overcomer @zoe-wingfeather @ingridrd
@adry_grace @cahndida-serkhaman @lightningmouse @anna-brie @mas410 @gretald @ivy-rose @dbhgodreigns @the-happy-bookaholic @belegteleri @writefury @kate-flournoy @hannah-c @jenali @hislittlerose @wo…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
Election day is today (you probably already knew that, unless you’ve been living in a hole in the ground 😉 ). Let’s take the time to pray for our country today.
Thy will be done, Lord.
@kate-flournoy @alia @adry_grace @anne-of-lothlorien @anne-swiftblade @aratrea @aella @hannah-krynicki @hannah-c @his-instrument @watersnail @daeus @christi-ea…[Read more]-
Yes! Please take a minute (preferably at least five minutes) to come before the Throne and find rest in His peace. We don’t have to worry because we know that God has everything under control. Maybe, through some mysterious twist of fate, this election will improve America. However, sometimes, it was God’s plan for the Israelites to be defeated.…[Read more]
-
Amen @julia-r! Thank YOU for reminding me. I’m trying to rest in the Lord, but it’s so hard not to worry. I know that God’s got this. 🙂
-
-
Thanks for the reminder, Greta.
-
Yes @Gretald. Thank you.
-
Amen. Bless the polls, Lord.
@julia-r
Just like you said, whatever the outcome, it’s under control. -
Yes, let’s all pray for America. Good to be reminded, @Gretald.
-
Thanks for the reminder, Greta. So many people are afraid today, but I know God is in control.
-
-
Thank you for the reminder, @gretald! May the LORD’s will be done.
-
Amen!! @corissa-maiden-of-praise
-
-
Yes! Thank you for that prodding. It’s cool to know that there are young Christian writers out there who care about these things; you guys inspire me.
-
It’s a beautiful day, no matter the outcome of the election- because we know where our true citizenship lies. Thanks for the reminder, @gretald
-
Yes, let’s do that. We need it. (Like always…)
-
Going to just take a second to say, you guys are beautiful people and a true encouragement. It’s such a blessing to see you all bind together and write for the Kingdom of God and support others who choose to do the same. <3 *fades back into the shadows*
-
-
Daeus replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
Anyone?
@overcomer @bluejay @kate-flournoy @his-instrument @jess @clairec @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @Christi-eaton @adry_grace @hope @anna-brie @gretald @jadamae @Hannah-krynicki @graciekry @writefury @Hannah-olsen @sarah-h @Hannah-c @spradlin @ivy-rose @corissa-maiden-of-praise @Julia-r @alia -
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
So who has heard of any of these services? And if so how good are they?
http://www.enjoymoviesyourway.com/
http://movie-cleaner.com/
https://www.clearplay.com/
https://www.vidangel.com@sarah-h @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @hope @bluejay @winter-rose @ingridrd @daeus @dragon-snapper @rolena-hatfield @christi-eaton @spra…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Alright, peoples. (thanks @anne-of-lothlorien)
I have an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I have finished the first draft of my novel!!!
@overcomer @bluejay @kate-flournoy @spradlin @hope @jess @gretald @ingridrd @alia @daeus @Hannah-krynicki @corissa-maiden-of-praise @winter-rose @anne-of-lothlorien @graciekry @aella @sleepwalkingMK @Brandon-miller @anyone else -
Mark Kamibaya replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus Never heard of the hudsucker proxy. I’ll check it out.
@timothy-young I like How to Train Your Dragon 2 but I prefer the original. Better story. Sequel is a bit predictable in my opinion. But both are amazing.
@ingridrd Harry Potter! Yaass!
@hope I watched Inkheart a few years back and I remember really liking it. Has an amazing, unique…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@alia Oh! I couldn’t decide which number you’d be ling about, the states or the China wall times. That’s so cool that you’ve been to China though!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 12 months ago
@Alia Hey, Monsters Inc is great. 😀
LotR, and lots of British period dramas are near the top. Especially North and South.
Oh, and another Frank Capra/Jimmy Stewart one that is AWESOME is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Anyone seen that? -
Greta replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
1. I have five dogs (and one of them is named Toto after The Wizard of Oz). FALSE
2. I have eaten sea urchin before. TRUE
3. I never eat food. (Just kidding about #3…) Here’s my real one: I have been skiing down a double black diamond hill before when I was new to skiing. TRUESo #1 is the lie. I have three dogs, and none of the…[Read more]
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@alia Wow! Those are hard to choose from. I’ll guess #2 is the lie?
- Load More

Ignore my spelling errors. 🙁 I’m terrible at checking my own writing.
*puts on thinking cap* Hrmmm… well, the first game that comes to mind is Blindman’s Bluff. Then there’s a similar but less ‘dangerous’ game that doesn’t have a name, where ‘It’ stands blindfolded in the middle of the room and one player at a time tries to sneak past (and around) him without getting touched.
And honestly I have zero head for…[Read more]
Thanks for the other game suggestions. Yes, I’ve played that once before and it was lots of fun. @kate-flournoy
Do you mean the theme would be spiritual blindness, and you’d just play physically ‘blind’ games, or would the theme be physical blindness (probably not, but I want to make sure I get what you’re saying. 😉 )?
And ditto to what Kate said about fundraising…sorry. 😛 Have some sort of craft sale, maybe? *helpless shrug*
No @emma-flournoy The theme is about physical blindness as that is what the fundraiser would be for. Helping raise money for tablets that stop River Blindness.
@bluejay, so sorry, no ideas at the moment, but I’ll let you know if I think of something. 🙂
@clairec No worries. Please do. 🙂
Okay. That sounds good. 🙂 What’s River Blindness?
@emma-flournoy River Blindness is cause by black flies that live down near the river. So people go do to get water and…how much information would you like??? It’s pretty graphic.
Ooh… all right, that’s good.
😛
I hope your fundraiser goes well if you do it.
Hmmm…. that’s a great thing to raise funds for, @bluejay! Who will you be giving the money to? (i.e. Compassion, Samaritan’s Purse, a missionary at your church, etc.) Well, the only games I can think of that haven’t already been suggested would be searching through something like rice, blindfolded, to find a small object, like a marble, pebble,…[Read more]
@julia-r The funds will be going to CBM.
Hey, I like that game. You say you’ve done similar games before, can you tell me how much rice would you put in the dish (how big is the dish) and are they allowed to use their hands?
I would get a really big storage container (like utility bins) and fill it with as much rice as you can. Rice is cheap, so it shouldn’t be a cost issue. And yes, you can use your hands! It’s fun to rely only on touch to find things.
Another similar suggestion (this might appeal more to younger folks) is to put the pieces of a 6-piece puzzle in the…[Read more]
@bluejay Would it be indoors or outdoors? I know two games that raise money, but they don’t have a thing to do with blindness. You know the type of game where you try to throw a small object either into a basket or through a small hole in a board or to knock something down? You could charge 25 or 50 cents per toss. The other game is quite a bit…[Read more]
@sarah-h It would be indoors. Thank you SO much for all the wonderful ideas. I have decided not to run the fundraiser so a bit because I am so busy with prier commitments. But the ideas are wonderful and will be in a file for future reference.