@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Betas Wanted: QOD in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy ah I REALLY wish I could read your book, but sadly I’m super-duper busy right now with multiple things + beta reading for someone else as well. So sorry 🙁 Keep up the good work though!
Tagging some more people for you just in case they didn’t see this @alia @kaya-young @skredder @dekreel @dragon-snapper
-
Catwing replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Sometimes I get confused about what he wants me to do next too.
Moving is hard. I moved last year.
Praying for both of those things. -
Emma Flournoy posted an update 8 years, 3 months ago
@Alia I’m just moving here ’cause I don’t wanna sabotage the Writer’s Corner…
Yay that you love the song!
Eh, extra time is ever elusive. I guess that’s better than not having anything to post though. ;P How long have you been a blogger, and how long have you had that blog up?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia @seekjustice Same here. 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Not just now, but I will be soon 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@Alia Heh, I get that. One of my specialties. So’s eating, come to think of it. *wry grin*
Well I’m fixing to be mainly off the computer for the night, so no, but that doesn’t mean the conversation can’t continue. Just mebbe not totally live-time. 😛 Which I don’t mind in the least.
I’ve just been poking around on your blogs, and der cool. I…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Sorry, I can’t be on right now 🙁 maybe later, but I’m not sure.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I’m up to distracting you, looks like. XD
Hey, I like fantasy novels, kinda-sorta or not. Duh. How long have you been working on this? Is it Decisions? I like the title.
I’m mainly poking around on some blogs I haven’t checked up on in awhile, or that’s what I’m about to be doing. I’ve also been discussing Les Miserables with @PerfectFifth…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@Alia Neh, I’m not a writer, remember…just an aficionado and bibliophile with a writer sister who’s rubbed off on me to my everlasting non-detriment. Sorry though, as it looks like you’re needing company. :/ I’ll think of you and telepathically send inspiration your way though, if that’s any comfort! ;P What are you writing?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia I definitely know how that feels. I think God wants me to do one thing, I get super excited about it, and then I think He’s telling me to do something different. It can be hard to let go of the original plans. That’s when I have to just trust God and His will for me.
I’ll be praying for you! <3
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Definitely. I understand what its like to struggle with those decisions so I’ll keep you in my prayers.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine (ooh you’re doing camp nano? 🙂 ) @seekjustice @alia @ariel-ashira @catwing @dekreel @dragon-snapper I’m on, working on rewriting and more website stuff.
*happy sigh* I love how, even though there’s just a few of us left here, we’re still blowing through the Writers’ Corners. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice @valtmy @jenwriter17 @alia Are any of you around tonight?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Ooh awesome! The contest wouldn’t happen to be the SE one would it? (or maybe that’s already closed…?). I’d love to read/comment on your short story! 😀
@rochellaine @alia @dekreel @dragon-snapper I think I can be on now. Forgive me if I randomly disappear or my responses are really long in coming, the internet where I’m at is pretty bad.
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia @rochellaine @jenwriter17 @sarah-anson @dekreel @valtmy @catwing @sleepwalkingmk
I’ve got here a short story which is actually an excerpt from the novel which most of you have already read. I’m planning to enter it into a competition and I’d love if you guys would read it over and tear it apart if you have to.
I’d also love to know if you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia I’m working on another one, but I’m not revealing the plot. 😉
@jenwriter17 Oh, I haven’t had a word war in forever! (give or take a few days) I missed this one because I popped out, but I’m back now and maybe I’ll join in if you want to have another one. 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine @alia @seekjustice Y’all wanna word war?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I always knew that Jonas cared a lot for Chessy, and I wrote it like that, but I left it up to interpretation whether it was platonic or more romantic 😀
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine @alia yeah my family mainly watches old shows, so when I’m with friends or cousins and I make a joke referencing those, they’re just like ‘um…what?’
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
- Load More

@emma-flournoy plus moving here makes it easier to keep track of what on earth the conversation is about
Have you ever listened to Where Were You by Francesca Battistelie?
I think I started my writing blog about a year and a half ago. Broken journey was at the end of May.
Do you have a blog? Or does that fall under you not being a writer?
Quite.
I haven’t, but I will now.
I don’t have a blog, but not because I’m not a writer. I think it’d be fun (and educational, and hopefully useful to others) to blog, I just don’t have time. If I had one, it would probably be a mish-mash of book and movie rantings, telling people to go read Kate’s books, music stuff, general life/spiritual…[Read more]
@Alia
@emma-flournoy, hey, sorry for not getting back to you til now, this past week has been a bit crazy at my house.
thats the thing I like about my blog is that I can post something whenever I have time.
your idea for what you blog would be sounds like something I would read all the time
Nope, I live in the States. It seems as though I get asked…[Read more]
That’s fine, and totally no pressure, I just wanted to make sure you’d seen it. I’ve found that the notification system isn’t entirely reliable sometimes. ;P
Yaaay for flexibility.
Oh, well that’s an encouraging thought. ;D
Huh. I wonder why I thought that.
So your life’s been crazy, eh? Mine too. Seems a generally recurring theme the older I…[Read more]
@emma-flournoy,
I wonder, could the reason that our lives keep getting busier as we get older be at all related to the fact that older people have more responsibility? Mind-blown
It’s strange, I watch my little sisters act as though the day is so long and I’m over here thinking that there isn’t enough time in the day to actually get anything…[Read more]
I know, really. O.o Such shocking revelations.
Precisely that. And in that I fervently hope and pray they relish it while they can, ’cause it sure as sartin’ ain’t gonna last forever.
That makes a lot of sense. I read my Bible early in the morning before the day really starts, but I think a here-and-there throughout the day would be good to add…[Read more]
@emma-flournoy
My mom printed of a ton of bible verses a few years ago and she puts them all over the house. So thats one way that I am able to read scripture all day
Oh yeah, that’s awesome. We do have a lot of that too; sometimes I’m so used to them I don’t really stop and read them anymore, so that could well be a problem. What’s your favorite passage or section? It’s nigh on impossible to choose, I know, and that’s an impossible question, so just, what’s one of your favorites. ;P
Thats the downside of having them up all the time, but my mom changes them every now and then so that keeps me looking at them some times.
One that I often turn to is Psalm 71:1-6
In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock…[Read more]
That’s a great one. One I find helpful is Ecclesiastes 3:1-15.
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:
2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to…[Read more]