@alia
Active 6 months ago- Rank: Eccentric Mentor
- Total Posts: 1253
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Oooh, I love conflicting opinions! 😛
Personally, I believe he was too emotionless in the first book and waaay too angsty in the second. Neither side of Justice quite captures the glory of Enjolras, which was what I was going for.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia He didn’t have his own POV in book one, so that’s not a problem, right? 😉 In book two, we were introduced to a man broken by the deaths of nearly all his followers who was struggling with his newfound faith and his impossibly horrible memories. I felt the drastic change was very realistic, especially once we got to know his backstory. So…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Actually, contrary to what @alia said, I felt Justice was very realistic. He was stiff, and I pretty much despised him, but I despised him as a human, not as a badly written character, because I thought he was very well written.
I hope you don’t humanize him too much in the revisions, because it would ruin his character.
Little…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yep, in a nutshell 😀
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I think that’s the way he’s supposed to appear for the most part, but hopefully I’m making him more human in the second draft.
Well, I think that taken out of context it fits them both perfectly. They aren’t so much wanting to be better in order to honour their parents, though, but rather to prove themselves. So its a bit different, but…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Zac and Justice are both confusing full stop.
In some ways, I identified with Justice much more in the first book, but I’ll admit that I don’t really like his character in the second. I think he was just too different to the Justice we’d come to know in the first book and he kind of spiralled out of control.
Yeah, I think it does!…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted a new activity comment 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia thanks! 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I don’t mind being held accountable to you who are on the other side of the world, because I’m already accountable to my sister for Quillon and she’s in the same bedroom. If Quillon dies, I die too. 😀
I fluctuate between adoring Justice and absolutely hating him. He could possibly die if I’m in a bad mood.
And no, Chessy…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Well, you see, she didn’t love Jonas as much as she loved Quillon. I love Jonas better than Quillon, and Zac better than Justice, but she’s chosen Quillon as her favorite, and none of the other men mean nearly as much to her as Quillon does.
I am in complete agreement with you, but if the author loves Quillon, the author must be allowed t…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice I have a confession. I didn’t actually cry at Zac’s death.
Partly it was because, like @alia said, I kept getting called away and when I finally got to the end I wasn’t immersed in the story as I should have been. The other reason was probably because I already knew he would die, and he died in the exact same way and sequence as Sy…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Hey, I’m here for a while. I’ll drop out in a bit for family worship, but I’m here now and I’ll be back after that. 😉 (Our guests left this morning…well, some of them… 😛 )
@alia Don’t worry, I doubt she’ll ever kill Quillon, Chessy, or Justice. Well, I’m not completely sure about Justice. 😛 She won’t kill Chessy bec…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese posted a new activity comment 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia This is cool! Are we allowed to print it off and use it for our own characters?
-
@jenwriter17, yep go ahead. I put it here so y’all could have access to it and use it however you want
-
@alia thanks! 🙂
-
@jenwriter17, yep, no problem
-
-
-
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I would never, never, never kill Quillon. You have my word. He is the only safe character.
I did that on purpose (making Jonas’ death more impersonal). Death in war is not often a particularly personal thing, especially in trench warfare, and Chessy had also got to the point where she was overwhelmed and had to stop herself from caring so…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey, I was wondering if you would do a favour for me? You’ve given me some invaluable feedback on Stars Fill Infinity but would you mind filling out the questions at the end of the second book? Just so I can get some more indepth thoughts on that one as well? Thanks!
Anyone around?
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Writers' Corner #18 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia sorry, I can’t write today 🙁 I might be on this weekend though, we’ll see…
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Guess What???? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@alia Thank you! I plan to make an official post Saturday.
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Guess What???? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I’m just gonna come right out and say it…
I HAVE A WEBSITE!
I just finished it last night and here it is if y’all want to check it out
I don’t have any blog posts up yet (I will later today). Let me know if you see anything that needs improving, or if there’s anything wrong with the site. Oh, and the contact form…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy posted a new activity comment 8 years, 3 months ago
-
@emma-flournoy, hey, sorry for not getting back to you til now, this past week has been a bit crazy at my house.
thats the thing I like about my blog is that I can post something whenever I have time.
your idea for what you blog would be sounds like something I would read all the time
Nope, I live in the States. It seems as though I get asked…[Read more]
-
That’s fine, and totally no pressure, I just wanted to make sure you’d seen it. I’ve found that the notification system isn’t entirely reliable sometimes. ;P
Yaaay for flexibility.
Oh, well that’s an encouraging thought. ;D
Huh. I wonder why I thought that.
So your life’s been crazy, eh? Mine too. Seems a generally recurring theme the older I…[Read more]
-
I wonder, could the reason that our lives keep getting busier as we get older be at all related to the fact that older people have more responsibility? Mind-blown
It’s strange, I watch my little sisters act as though the day is so long and I’m over here thinking that there isn’t enough time in the day to actually get anything…[Read more] -
I know, really. O.o Such shocking revelations.
Precisely that. And in that I fervently hope and pray they relish it while they can, ’cause it sure as sartin’ ain’t gonna last forever.
That makes a lot of sense. I read my Bible early in the morning before the day really starts, but I think a here-and-there throughout the day would be good to add…[Read more]
-
My mom printed of a ton of bible verses a few years ago and she puts them all over the house. So thats one way that I am able to read scripture all day
-
Oh yeah, that’s awesome. We do have a lot of that too; sometimes I’m so used to them I don’t really stop and read them anymore, so that could well be a problem. What’s your favorite passage or section? It’s nigh on impossible to choose, I know, and that’s an impossible question, so just, what’s one of your favorites. ;P
-
Thats the downside of having them up all the time, but my mom changes them every now and then so that keeps me looking at them some times.
One that I often turn to is Psalm 71:1-6
In you, Lord, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock…[Read more] -
That’s a great one. One I find helpful is Ecclesiastes 3:1-15.
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven:2 A time to be born,
And a time to die;
A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;
3 A time to kill,
And a time to heal;
A time to break down,
And a time to build up;
4 A time to weep,
And a time to…[Read more]
-
-
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
- Load More

@jenwriter17, yep, no problem