@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle oooh he looks awesome! I see I was actually pretty close on the clothing lol
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@rae oh that’s hilarious lol
and trust me the version of him in the RP is a little toned down. probably because he’s got somebody doing that exactly.
@whalekeeper yep there’s my boy Mundy lol, forgot you were technically writing him for a fic
(yeah that’s his actual name, I’ve referred to him by it before)he’s not forty, actually, there’s…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
(and I hope y’all don’t mind me jumping in here :p)
That’s okay :-p
I’ve heard Tolkien didn’t like allegories. Here is a quote I’ve seen multiple times (correct me if it’s fake, I’ve just seen it often):
“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to de…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I really like it! Mandin and Nahim’s relationship is probably my favorite part. I enjoyed reading it a lot. Please tag me when you have more chapters finished ☺️
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Why do you think Aragorn wasn’t intended as a Christ figure? I don’t mean that JRRT meant Aragorn specifically to represent Christ or anything, but I think in some ways he was definitely intended to be a Christ figure.
(and I hope y’all don’t mind me jumping in here :p)
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
Thank you for posing the other side, Rae 😌
But the purpose of a Christian is to “go into all the world and preach the Gospel”, to be a light in darkness, and writing is a way we can do that! It is a command from Jesus Himself to preach the Gospel, so shouldn’t we be using the talents and means God has given us to obey that command? Shoul…
-
HighScribe replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I can say, with a 100% certainty that Aragorn was NOT meant as an sorta Jesus figure, or to represent anything in Christ.
Really? Does a character have to be perfect to be a Christ figure?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper @rae yeah I wasn’t saying Aragorn and Smalls were SPECIFICALLY designed to be Jesus archetypes, but the sheer fact that they are the good kings that win out over evil and take their thrones in the end means the writers were at least influenced by their worldview.
I mean, non-Christian authors do kinda the same thing sometimes, but…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
I kind of agree… with both of you 😅
Ummmm I think Aragorn was not meant to be a Christ figure, but JRRT used some traits that happen to overlap.
When we meet Aragorn, he hides in the shadows, always watchful,
but rather quiet and mysterious, preferring to not make himself known. We’d
almost think him a little timid if we didn’t… -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
That was funnier than any meme lol
hope you’re not offended by that. Didn’t mean it to be.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@whalekeeper don’t have time to explain till tomorrow, but I’ll have you know I DIED lauging when I saw how confused you were.
-
whaley replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
Wait naaahhhh 😭😭 Not this guy??
Not wanting to make fun of his character or your personal tastes, but HOW. He’s probably forty, and he looks like my friend’s dad only with glasses. I really want to know the thought process here… -
HighScribe posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
If you time travel, do you end up in space due to the Earth’s orbit?
-
-GRCR- posted an update 2 years, 1 month ago
It’s better to find the source of a problem and be unable to fix it than it is to fix the problem without knowing its source.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Write to bring me pain. in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 1 month ago
LOL this is such a funny idea! Now I’m kind of motivated to go write, xD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
don’t tell my mom that haha -
Keilah H. replied to the topic Let's Laugh! Writing Memes in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@theducktator THE ONE ABOUT MARRYING FICTIONAL CHARACTERS BRUHHHHH
you know Huntress and Sniper from the roleplay, right?yeah, Huntress is kinda based off me because of that reason. I’m in the fandom they’re supposed to be from solely because I found Sniper attractive lol -
Keilah H. replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
odd question but what kind of accent does Mandin have? I see you’re making a point of sometimes cutting off the g’s at the end of verbs and using “ya” for “you.” I do that myself when writing characters with accents (specifically Southern and Australian/Lower British ones), so that’s what I’m assuming you’re doing too.
also I like how you…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Art Challenge! in the forum Art 2 years, 1 month ago
@ellette-giselle Thanks for second place! Also, having a specific character’s look in your head and thus criticizing based on that has nothing to do with being obsessed with fashion. That’s just you showing concern for your character. It’s totally ok.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic HELP WANTED! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 1 month ago
I’ll be back with more feedback soon! Your story is really interesting, and I love its setting.
- Load More

My brain hurts just thinking about that.