@acancello
Active 1 year, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 842
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 2 years ago
😠 Yeah you better run
XD jkjk
I know you said you like Gimli more in the movies which is totally fine. I like almost all the characters from the books the same as I like them in the movies. Exception being Faramir because book Faramir was a totally different person.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Even if I don’t use it here, my favorite trope is just a bunch of guys being an unlikely team. Which Keilah probably agrees with. 😂
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
and you’re welcome! I’m almost finished with my tenth book. It’s a picture book, so not much in the way of like drafting and writing and stuff.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
I think “damsel in distress” can very easily be messed up because it automatically takes away the damsel’s agency in the situation, usually speaking. But I would love to see situations where it isn’t so biased towards the damsel’s savior – like maybe the damsel holds the emotional weight of the story in her hands, to…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle Not likely with me, usually. If I don’t like something, I’m quite vocal about it.
You should see me yelling at the screen while playing Minecraft or something and my creatures aren’t going where I want them.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
also congratulations on the book you published!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle lolllll
I mean, if I don’t have anything to say, that means it must be good, right????
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@smiley ohhhh my friends used to read those a lot! I recognize it, though I never read it myself.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle yeah it’s so much more reasonable when you have context and the proper meaning of the word is used (I’m sure you know all about the newspeak dilemma where people, especially important people, use one word when they really mean something else, in order to control or to convince others to do something they normally wouldn’t). I…[Read more]
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@keilah-h
thanksand in the first on there’s Winter
she’s literally known as the most beautiful girl on the moon
she’s also very bubbly and a little socially awkward
and the guard she mentions is her best friend (who she’s in love with) Jacin
and then in the second fic there’s Carswell Thorne but everyone calls him Thorne
and he’s basi…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic WIP: Let There Be Light, Book 1 of The Flames of Hope Trilogy in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle wowwwww! I don’t know what to say. Will he die? will he live?? I must know!!!
also, a good idea would probably be to separate the writing in his letters out with an indent or with centered text as opposed to the normal look:
After some time, Aaron took up the quill and began to write, unsteadily at first, but growing…
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@smiley that was funny, who are the non-marvel characters again?
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
all that to say, I really don’t like the damsel in distress trope cause it implies that being “in distress” is all the character’s good for.
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle ok but HOW is a damsel in distress cool??
The whole “in distress” thing, from what I’ve seen, has kinda been turned into “I am a pansy and will faint or something at the very sight of blood or even a grasshopper.”
I really don’t think every female character should be the “rarrrr I’m a warrior and you can’t say no to that” kind…[Read more]
-
freedom replied to the topic Tlc & mcu crossover fic in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@smiley LOVE IT!!! 😍😍
(and thank you🥰)
-
Smiley replied to the topic Tlc & mcu crossover fic in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
Chapter 1
Crystal
“Blackjack, I win once again.” Clint leaned back in his seat, a smirk crossing his lips. I looked at him with an annoyed scowl, setting my three cards down, a jack, a ten, and a three. My luck with card drawing was about my luck with everything else, and Clint had been draining both mine and Sam’s chips.
“When I figure out how…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@ellette-giselle haha Rory’s in for a surprise if he thinks Hunter and the gang aren’t soldiers.
@calyhuge I think I said Hunter was 12 earlier, but apparently I made a mistake and he’s actually 13. Sorry everyone else! lol
Hunter
“Well, he startled me and I almost killed him at lunch the other day, and then we were in th…[Read more]
-
Smiley started the topic Tlc & mcu crossover fic in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
@anyone who likes either marvel or the lunar chronicles
Okay, so how do I start this little ramble???
First I would like to answer two questions that I constantly get asked (or at least that I ask myself)
1. Smiley do you write anything besides fanfics???
Well uh, well uh… no.Truthfully I do but I’m even more judgmental of my original wri…[Read more]
-
Smiley changed their profile picture 2 years ago
-
Smiley replied to the topic Talking about are Fanfics in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years ago
and here is Carswell Thorne meeting Steve and Sam… this may be a scene for a whole fanfiction coming soon
“Now I know why this ship seemed familiar,” Steve groaned, he and Sam eyeing Carswell Thorne with obvious annoyance.
“Captain America! And good old Uncle Sam! How you’ve been?” Thorne gave his classic smile as he walked over to them.…[Read more]
- Load More
